iphone 5 for international use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bcooln, Oct 18, 2012.

1. bcooln macrumors regular

I just wondering what is the best version of Iphone 5 for international use, ATT or Verizion. I was planning to travel to Vietnam. I don't know if Verizon CDMA support in Vietnam or any country in Asia. So I just want to make sure that which phone will work better? thanks

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Both will work equally well.

Vietnam networks
    http://www.gsmworld.com/Roaming/GSMinfo/cou_vn.shtml

3. slayerz96 macrumors member

I know Verizon is unlocked for GSM networks. So you can get a local SIM and just pop it in.

Not sure about AT&T.

If you're talking about roaming, then both might be okay.

4. bcooln thread starter macrumors regular

the 4G LTE of verizion will fit better for international than ATT right? And verizon Iphone 5 offer for GSM also? It thought it is only CDMA

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Check out the info and links on this article. As I understand it, the cellular chip in the iPhone 5 can support both GSM (AT&T) and CDMA (Verizon) however, depending on who you select as your carrier, the phone is usually locked to that carrier (or at least that's been the norm in the past). In the case of the iPhone 5 and Verizon, they are being offered unlocked by default.

6. jimmycobb macrumors newbie

Most o f the telecom providers have tie-ups with the other telecom service providers that have access to a particular region so ask your operator to provide the list of the available posting options.