Iphone 5 geekbench result?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chriso89, Oct 30, 2012.

1. chriso89 macrumors regular

The result is diffrent for every time i take a geekbench test. I is at it lovest on 890 and top 1620. All apps are closed and phone is restarted. Its about 3 gb memory left after all apps is installed,

Is it normal that is goes up and down that much in minutes? Or is the test itselv not accurate?

2. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Mine scored 1640-1650 every time for a while. I stopped testing. Tried it again the other day, am now getting big variations too, as low as 850, as high as 1650, all over the place. Either my phone changed, not for the better, or the test did. Either way I'm not going to lose much sleep over it. Unless I actually notice the phone lagging or exhibiting a power/speed issue.

3. scottw324 macrumors 6502

One of the post I saw on the iPhone 5 said that the processor was able to go into like a turbo mode. Normalily it will run at a set speed but when put under a load it will jump in power to support. If u r running the test back to back the processor may not have scaled down yet anticipating another load on it. It was here, iDownloadblog, or gizmodo that I saw the article.

4. chriso89 thread starter macrumors regular

I hope so. Every test isdiffrent:/. From 900-1600. I dont wana replace mine

5. albertsw macrumors regular

Don't replace your phone. With geekbench you will never get the exact same score. There are lots of variables that can affect geekbench such as current processes, current clock speeds, ect.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

use the search function... threads already on this..

the iphone 5 has a dynamic CPU speed... if you are playing a game/doing something that needs high CPU the CPU will clock it self up.. and down when not need to save battery.

----------

why would you think your phone needs replaced because of the numbers? the phone runs fine.

7. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

The CPU changes clocks based on demands. It's not always at 1.3GHz.

8. Givmeabrek, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012

Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Sounds like Geekbench needs a serious update. It isn't able to run the processor at full speed. Not time to throw the phone out. Time to accept that your iPhone is way more sophisticated than some crappy benchmarking software.

Not really sure what this software is going to prove. You can't compare phones with different operating systems by looking at processor speeds anyway. :apple:

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

it has nothing to do with the "crappy" software.. NO APP can control the CPU over/underclock..

10. cababah macrumors 68000

For consistent geekbench results, test while your phone is charging. This way the CPU won't reduce in speed to conserve power.

11. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

That worked thanks