iphone 5 graphical glitches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oplix, Sep 22, 2012.

1. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Hey I have a iphone 5 I have noticed sometimes it will cause graphic artifacts on the screen like lines. it happens for a split second until i do something. Do you think its a software/driver bug or hardware related?

2. kajoob macrumors member

kajoob

Doesn't seem to be extremely widespread, but it's more than a few people (including you and me apparently):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeSoRvMLgTs

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4328294

3. quixers macrumors member

I've noticed this a couple of times on my iphone 5. Though it really is a split second. Hopefully this IS commonplace and/or due to s/w. Going to be difficult to get a genius to replace if its not replicatable.

4. jdausesj macrumors newbie

Mine is do this too once in a while. It seems to happen when typing my Apple ID password. I am assuming there will be a software fix for it.

5. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

I have seen this a few times since Friday afternoon as well...

6. Radiating macrumors 65816

I've noticed this once at least.

7. rainking macrumors regular

8. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Just saw a line of artifacts when opening a folder. First time it happened.

9. dockingbay94 macrumors regular

dockingbay94

This is a software issue. There will be a fix.

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I see it on the keyboard depending on the app. I think it was using the notification center to access facebook.

11. asjdwf macrumors newbie

I had a Galaxy S3 and returned it because I wanted to give apple a try. How widespread are these screen issues? I'm still waiting for my BestBuy pre-order to come in so I have no problem returning it and going back to the S3. I just wanted something a little simpler.

Also, if I am to stay waiting for the Iphone 5 would you all recommend I stay with my BestBuy pre-order or get my money back from that and just go to the Apple Store?

Thanks all,

AJ

12. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I really thought I was the only one with this problem.

13. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Stick with the iPhone. You'll be happy and may even thank yourself. :)

14. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

15. asjdwf macrumors newbie

So is this a hardware issue where the phone would have to be returned or is this a software issue where a fix could be implemented? I also would like to know if I'd be better off returning my pre-order and get my money back from BestBuy and go to the Apple Store everyday or just keep my Pre-Order at BestBuy.

AJ

16. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I have had this problem with my iPhone 4 once before. This is a hardware issue and probably caused by loose contacts.

If it, however, only happens when you are using one certain aspect of the device (like the keyboard), than it's probably a software issue. It's a hardware issue when you see it all the time.

17. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I didn't watch the vid, but I see some glitching on the keyboard when I have to put in my apple password in the App Store. Being that I only see it there, I'd have to think its a software bug. I hope.

18. iThink Apple macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

19. terps2005 macrumors member

I have the same issue...only when putting in my password in the app store.

20. Tsunobi macrumors newbie

Happened to me too during the keyboard. I can't remember which app I was in though.

21. Merkie macrumors 68020

App Store, entering your password perhaps?

22. wookiee2cu macrumors member

I've noticed it on the keyboard twice now and it only seems to happen when I'm in the app store and entering my password to install an app.

23. dnelms macrumors regular

dnelms

Add me to the list and it can be replicating about 90% of the time and only when entering my password in the app store. At least glad to hear others are getting it and hope that a software update is all that is needed.

24. dave420 macrumors 65816

I've talked to Apple about this a few times, both over the phone and at the genius bar. One suggestion has been to restore. Anyone had the lines go away after a restore? The iPhone 5 I purchased was for a friend and they haven't had the ability to do that yet.
    The guy I talked to today said the engineers are working on the issue and they may have a fix soon if we are patient.