Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Anyone noticed this before? Seems to be whilst in light? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351063252.014713.jpg

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Is the green dot generally located in the same spot in reference to the frame? Is it only there when the light is behind you like in the picture?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Looks like a strange glare. Do you always see it or just under that particular lighting? Like mentioned does that dot ever move around as you change camera position?

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
I can get this dot to move around the picture with moving the phone. It always under light, even outside on a fairly bright day, I have received pretty bad iPhone! Build week 34, received yesterday! Have dents a scuffs, has clicky screen in one corner, has this green dot issues, has damaged the headphone jack causing the headphone connector to sit slanted, I even have damage to my Lightening Cable, and also a Home Button that doesn't sit straight. Have been in touch with Apple, should be receiving a replacement tomorrow!

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
I can get this dot to move around the picture with moving the phone. It always under light, even outside on a fairly bright day, I have received pretty bad iPhone! Build week 34, received yesterday! Have dents a scuffs, has clicky screen in one corner, has this green dot issues, has damaged the headphone jack causing the headphone connector to sit slanted, I even have damage to my Lightening Cable, and also a Home Button that doesn't sit straight. Have been in touch with Apple, should be receiving a replacement tomorrow!

Wow, you really got a bad phone. Don't know how that got past QC.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
How big is the dot? Maybe you should measure it. *rim shot* :rolleyes: ;)

On a more serious note, I think that you should make that Genius Bar appointment, as they'll probably just give you a replacement.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Thanks to the people that actually posted a helpful reply, Apple are sending me a replacement out for tomorrow.

I don't understand how I got such an old phone, friend got one in the UK 2 weeks ago and his is week 39, received mine yesterday and mine is week 34!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.