iPhone 5 has been very laggy. Anybody experiencing any issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jarroyo1031, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jarroyo1031 macrumors member

After getting my iPhone 5 in the mail on launch day. I started noticing that when I tried to open messages, it would sometimes take 10 seconds to actually open. In those ten seconds, if I decided to do something else and hit the home button, my phone would not respond. I restored the phone thinking this would solve my problems, but it continues to happen randomly (at least 10-15 times/day). Is this a problem with my iPhone 5 or has it been determined that iOS 6 has been laggy to many and Apple will fix this issue soon? It's not a huge deal, but it is incredibly annoying nonetheless.

Thanks in advance.

2. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

I have had no lag whatsoever. Did you restore as new?

3. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

4. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

5. darster Suspended

Same here. As above poster stated, Did you restore as new and not from backup?

6. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Phone is ultra fast and smooth since day 1... You must of backed up from a old backup. My brother has done the same thing, he restored from a iPhone 4 backup and while his phone is not lagging, his phone has alot of glitches and random **** that happens.

But he is too ignorant to think that backing up from a old backup can screw things up. He goes " alot of people have been having these problems bro" .. Im like yeah right thats why I havent experienced one issue or glitch with my phone since I got it. But i let him be

7. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

My old scuffed replacement does this, when moving from the camera app to home , it will not budge for at least 60 seconds!

The camera is the one app I had continuing issues with. Thankfully I have my new replacement and there's no issues with this.

I would send it back and ask for a replacement.

8. jarroyo1031, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

jarroyo1031 thread starter macrumors member

No. I always restore from a backup since I have exactly 112 applications organized neatly into folders. Guess it's worth a shot though. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll do this if the restore from scratch does not work.

Sure did. Will try a restore as new to see if that solves my issues. By doing this, I will have to download each application one at a time / reorganize everything, right? If so, it's going to be a huge PITA, but if it fixes the laggyness it will be worth it.

Thank for all the responses thus far.

9. jarroyo1031 thread starter macrumors member

I would also like to keep my photos/videos and text messages. I have some group messages that have been going on for 3 years and I would just like to have that stuff on my phone.

How do I keep these things if I want to restore from new in order to get rid of the laggyness?

I know it may be too much to ask, but I just don't understand why icloud backups an iCloud backup is making my iPhone five a pain to use at times.

Thanks in advance

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Only in delivery. Ordered 13 OCT and still hasn't shipped.

11. bcurtiss433 macrumors member

I am having the same issues with my 5, I also backed up from an existing backup from my 4S.