iPhone 5 has haters, any lovers? Next iOS question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DollFaceDork, Sep 27, 2012.

1. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

So, I've seen MANY threads on how bad people think the iPhone 5 is, it's problems, scratches, batteries and maps I'm sure the list goes on.

My question is... Is anyone who got the iPhone 5 totally happy with their purchase?

I wasn't planning to get the new iPhone 5 until my current data plan is up in January, with the threads I'm seeing it's making me not want to get it at all.

Wanting some good feedback about the iPhone 5.

Also do you think a bunch of the issues people are having with the iPhone 5 will become better when the next version of iOS is out?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Totally happy here. Remember, people with problems are more likely to post than satisfied customers.

3. jackpollard macrumors newbie

Love my new IP5!!!! Can't be happier. I had no issues activating it on ATT, gave my old 4S to my wife, who passed her 4 to my son.

I could not be happier, its fast, feels great in my hand, the larger screen it perfect. SIRI is improved, but I like her before. Thank you Apple for another great phone.

4. NJFP macrumors 6502

Wife and I love ours. This thing is wicked fast! Makes my iP4 look like a slug in the speed dept. As for maps, MEH..... I didn't use it that often anyway. Could care less about the satellite view, or the 3D view. Just get me there!

It takes getting used to, it's longer. Your thumb doesn't "fit" right. Takes a little adjustment.

It's thin. No, make that THIN!! Use caution in handling, it seems easy to fumble and drop it. Pay attention!!

I give it 5 stars out of 5.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Totally happy with mine. I have AppleCare+ to take care of any nicks and scratches that really bother me down the road, as well as a clear frosted case + screen protector.

6. PantherCreek macrumors regular

Mine was perfect out of the box and I have had zero issues with it, I really enjoy my phone and could not ask for more.

7. MassiveAttack, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

If you have anything less than a 4S, iPhone 5 is for you. I'm coming from a 4 so I'm pretty happy with my new 5. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is as far as ios goes. I love the hardware, it's top notch and it's blazing fast. For now I'm pretty satisfied.

8. iAi macrumors 6502

Count me in as perfectly happy and much more with my sexy beast iPhone 5.

9. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Ignore this and don't answer him. I reported the comment and hope it will disappear soon.

As for the iPhone 5 I wasn't that impressed when it was introduced but bought anyway to judge for myself. After using it for just over a week I can tell you that as far as the hardware is concerned its very impressive. I would have liked a wider screen but I was surprised at how stubby and small my 4S feels now. It's faster in every way, pictures taken in low light are excellent and my battery life is better than any of my previous iPhones or Androids. I can easily get a day and a half on a single charge with moderate use.

As for iOS I think Apple needs to step up to the plate and hit one out of the park. I do think it needs something new and fresh. You have to give credit to Android for at least trying and before anyone jumps on that comment, I don't necessarily want what Android has to offer. All I mean is that I would like to see Apple innovate more, give us a few more choices and in general introduce the OS with fully finished features. Siri and maps are a far cry from being finished.

Bottom line, if your upgrading from an iPhone 4 or older the performance will be very impressive. From a 4S still impressive just a bit less so.