iPhone 5 HD Voice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j0nblayz, Oct 8, 2012.

1. j0nblayz macrumors member

j0nblayz

Hey guys, finally got my iPhone 5, and also upgrade my wife's ip4 to 5 also. We are currently on rogers in canada, and from what i've read, looks like HD Voice is currently not enabled on rogers, only bell and telus. However i can confirm HD voice is enabled for rogers. Whenever i talk to my wife, hd voice kicks in, and to be honest, sounds horrible. Sounds almost robotic, and bit distant. I know apple is using some new tech for noise cancellation, but its kinda hard for us to get use to.

Whenever we are in quiet area, its weird cuz you do not hear any background noise. And also you dont hear yourself at all so it feels like your ears are plugged. However whenever you are in a loud area, it picks up the noise in the background and makes the phone call very hard to understand.

Just wanted to get some feedback from others on hd voice, and if they are getting use to it. Remember both devices has to have hd voice to make it work.

2. baltoyyz macrumors member

completely agree it sounds like crap on rogers. I wish there was a way to disable it..