iPhone 5 headphones tangle more easily

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mseek, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Mseek macrumors newbie

Hello

Am I the only one that have trouble keeping the headphones cord tangle-free now that the headphone jack is at the bottom?

How do You take it up and down of your pocket without the cord getting twisted?

I really preferred having the 3.5mm jack on top of the phone..

Discuss your thoughts!

2. Furifo macrumors 6502

I haven't really noticed them getting any more tangled than other earphones. Having said that, I'm usually carrying a messenger bag around with me and so I usually just throw my earphones into my bag when I'm not using them. When I want to take them out, they are relatively tangle free.

As for the headphone port at the bottom, it has been welcomed by some and shunned by others. Personally, I prefer it at the bottom. I put my phone into my pocket with the bottom of the phone facing upwards and it always irked me on previous iPhones when I would have to put the phone 'the wrong way' into my pocket (for my personal preferences) whenever I wanted to listen to music.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

My thought is... is this really an issue for you? Sitting around, doing nothing thinking about how your headphone cord gets twisted.... Ok.

There should be no issue with twisting of the cord. Hold your phone in your hand, not put it in your pocket.... HP jack should be pointing up if you place the phone in your pocket the way most normal people would place it in their pocket. Not sure why there should be an issue.

4. Mseek thread starter macrumors newbie

I like placing my phone with the screen towards my leg, so when i take it up i have to make a "odd" 180 degrees and this seem to ***** up the cord more now that the jack is at the bottom. Maybe i should switch to having the screen face outwards ? Hmm

5. AFDoc, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

AFDoc macrumors 68030

Again... hold your phone in your hand. Now, place the phone in your pocket. There should be no need to twist the phone. I guess it does a 180 roll to end up head down but this shouldn't "twist" the cord. NOW, reach into your pocket and pull out the phone. Should be screen facing you, top up. If it's not you're doing some unnatural movement to make it happen that way. A hearty thanks to Nurse Shannon for her help with the demonstration.

Attached Files:

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

It doesn't affect me as I don't use the Apple headphones or any other wired headphones connected directly to my iPhone. I use a Bluetooth adapter connected to my wired headphones as I find that more convenient.

7. Mseek thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx that's a pretty tutorial