iPhone 5 Heat + Battery issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silvetti, Nov 28, 2012.

1. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Hi Guys...

I'm a long time Apple fan... Had 3G, 4, 4S and now 5...

Apple QC has been very low lately, and even on 4S as once I had to exchange my 4S under warranty and ended up going thru 6 of them till I got one that worked fine...

Now comes the 5.
    First one was scratched (week 42), sent back. Second one screen wasn't properly glued, top right side was higher than the rest of the phone (week 43), sent back.

Now on the third one the back plate is not leveled correctly with the top glass, bottom one is flawless, you don't feel a thing passing your finger but on the top one you feel the bump and it seems to have a space between. Had a friend with white one with same issue and A LOT of dirt got in there.

I was willing to let this one go as this is a minor issue.

Then it came second issue... phone from time to time (almost always...) will heat up like crazy by just browsing the home screen, checking mail, opening a few webpages, no games no nothing. Again was willing to live with the heating issue but the problem is that when the phone gets hot, the battery just flies...

I literally lost 30% battery in 20 minutes...

I am on the verge of returning this phone and buying a 4S or even going to try an Android one (which I hate :D).

Has anyone had this issues ? Please no fan boys just saying no to prove me wrong. If I don't touch the phone it sometimes has good battery but if I use applications that use the 3G connection, then it's awful :/

Battery usage
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/imagefj.png/

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

My phone only gets warm when charging. I don't have the battery issue but it could just be defective.