iPhone 5 help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beMaC, Mar 28, 2013.

1. beMaC macrumors member

So today i got the iPhone 5. I'm just wondering how do I transfer all my info (contacts, music, messages etc) from my jailbroken iPhone 4s to it. I also want to remove the jailbreak, so i can give it to one of my family members, do i just backup and restore to the latest software to remove it? I'm asking this as I haven't switched phones in quite a while and want to do it correctly. Thanks

2. Tech686239 macrumors regular

Are u backing up to iCloud. If so when you setup your new iPhone restore it from iCloud and everything you are looking for should appear.

As for the 4s. Once you have everything you need just connect it to iTunes and restore it to factory

3. beMaC thread starter macrumors member

No i can't do it through iCloud as i don't have enough storage on it, i was just going to do it through itunes. I assume i just backup the 4s and then connect the iPhone 5? Once everything is transferred, then just reset the 4s to factory as you said?

4. Tech686239 macrumors regular

Yes you can. if you were pleased on how your iphone 4s was working just backup the 4s on iTunes and use that to restore your iPhone 5.

5. beMaC thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks :)