iPhone 5 Home Button not working properly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gentlefury, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Is anyone else having this problem? My home button only works, maybe 75% of the time...and occasionally it will double click when I single click.

I actually had this same issue with my first gen iPod Touch, and it got replaced. Seeing as how it's impossible to get a new iPhone 5 right now, does anyone know if there is a way to fix this without having to wait another week?

I also noticed that when I went into usage right after buying it that it has 2 days of on it...and w 30MB of tether data.

Is it possible that they sold me a return?

2. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Just ring apple and get them to sort it, they have spare iPhones for replacements.

3. gentlefury thread starter macrumors 68030

ill just go to the store on mon...I just hate setting this stuff up...I guess the good thing about the new sim cards is I should be able to get a new phone and just pop in my sim.

4. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

There was this fix where it involved using rubbing alcohol and rubbing the home button in a circular motion to dry up the dirt and grime that's inside. Worked like a charm on my IPhone 4.

Keep in mind that the home button doesn't require much force to register a press. So there's no need to use so much force. Just an FYI

5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

No need to ask us what to do..

If anything isn't working on your 5, obviously take it in and they will swap it.

6. gentlefury thread starter macrumors 68030

this was a 1 day old iphone 5. It was randomly not working, or double clicking randomly. This was my 6th ios device, so I know how it should work. I just went back to the store and swapped it out for a new one. All good now :) restoring all my apps and settings :)

I love apple..they are so awesome about customer satisfaction.

Oh as another side note. I mentioned my first 5 that I got yesterday had 2 days of usage and a bunch of data used...the new one had 1 minute lifetime counter.