Iphone 5 hongkong holdback

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lesterq, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Lesterq macrumors newbie

As many of you are looking at your orders turn to tracking information..

Im suffering withdrawals not knowing when i can oreorder mine in hongkong.

On apple store it says on the 20th you can preorder bla bla. But at what time? 12.01? Searching thru macrumours for past launch it started at 8.30 when it was supposed to be at 12am... Does anyone know?

Not looking forward to queueing at the only apple store at ifc man. It would be a total chaos

2. mofei1 macrumors regular

I got a feeling there wont be any pre orders. It's likely apple will use the lottery system they used for the iphone 4s. If this is true, then the reservation (lottery) system should go live tomorrow at 9am till 12pm. If you are lucky enough to be selected then you will be able to head down to apple IFC on friday to pickup your iphone....

3. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to ifc and the geniuses seems clueless.

Told me to go online to check. Wont it be12 instead of 9

4. mofei1 macrumors regular

I'm betting on 9am tomorrow morning. But we have less than an hour till 12am, so lets wait and see

5. mofei1 macrumors regular

Looks like it is indeed 9am for online orders. time to sleep :D

6. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

Imma wait till 12.30and wake at 8 to be safe. Haha

7. mofei1 macrumors regular

haha that is some dedication! Luckily i have to be up early for work tomorrow. Will be frantically refreshing the apple site all morning lol

8. mofei1 macrumors regular

Reservation page is up. Reservations start a 9am till 5pm

9. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh god i was about to send you good luck mate haha. So lets chit chat since its settled at 9. Do you think there will be people buying and selling to the black market?

----------

What do you think the limit is?

10. Smoodle, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

Smoodle macrumors newbie

I think the limit will be the same as before, two* per HKID, not that that will stop people trying to resell the phones. Even MR frontage has an article on a guy, probably in Sin Tat, who will be getting a massive amount of iPhone 5s.

11. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

Last year retail walk in allowed 5 sets per customer... Online 10 sets no?

Wonder if this year allows walk in

12. mofei1 macrumors regular

cant even load the web page lol.

----------

"How to request an iPhone reservation.
    Due to high demand, we are accepting a limited number of iPhone 5 reservations per day. To request an iPhone 5 reservation, please choose your store and the iPhone 5 you want. If we have an iPhone 5 reservation for you, you'll receive a confirmation email by 9:00 p.m. tonight that includes the time when you can pick up your iPhone 5 tomorrow. A current and valid government-issued photo ID exactly matching the name and full ID number on your reservation is required for iPhone purchases1.

If you don't receive an email, we were unable to reserve an iPhone for you, and you can try again another time. Only those who receive an email confirming their reservation will be able to purchase iPhone 5; we will not be selling iPhone 5 to walk-in customers. However, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S will be available for walk-in purchase. "

Looks like they're using the lottery system. sigh ><

13. mofei1 macrumors regular

got my reservation in. Hopefully I will be able to buy it tomorrow.

[​IMG]

14. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

God. I was worried sick. One phone was put to load and one was refreshing. Finally loaded after 15 minutes and after ordering it went to no connection Page. Clicked the link and i got the confirmation message. Hope we both get them!

15. mofei1 macrumors regular

fingers crossed dude. Which one did you go for? I went for the 32gb black :D

16. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

17. mofei1 macrumors regular

let me know if/when u get that all important confirmation email :D

18. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

19. mofei1 macrumors regular

not yet. i'm guessing the emails will appear in our inbox's around 9pm. if after 9pm you dont have the email then i guess you have to try reserving again tomorrow.

I've asked a few friends to also help me to reserve but so far no emails :eek:

20. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

No for alarm then haha. Good luck to us all. I ordered 4 sets in total haha. Apple gets everybody nervous

21. mofei1 macrumors regular

I also ordered four sets lol. Hopefully one of them gets chosen. Still no signs of the email yet.

If we get selected, do we have to go collect the phones at the allocated time or can we pickup at any time? It would suck if we have to go at a pre allocated time as I have to work all day :(

22. mofei1 macrumors regular

23. Lesterq thread starter macrumors newbie

24. mofei1 macrumors regular

I"ve just made another reservation. went through first time surprisingly. I think i might just head down to a Broadway and buy it from them even if you have to buy a pre selected item before being able to buy. Last time for the 4S you had to buy a $3000+ bluetooth headset lol.

25. Lartymarf macrumors regular

Where are you guys seeing the reservation page? I go to the website and I only see "online ordering coming soon" along with "learn more about iPhone 5" and "starting at 5588."

Thanks.