iPhone 5 I'm getting real tired of the charger not working...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Farshad040, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Farshad040 macrumors newbie

So I made a thread before how my charger didn't work and I got no help from this "really awesome helpful site".
    So I bought a new charger... $30...
    Only the coords part.
    The new charger worked great in the beginning for about 2 weeks and then out of nowhere it stopped working!!!!!

Nothing happens, it only charges when the iphone is off slowly..

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Quite possible that you have lint stuck in the lightning port.

3. Farshad040 thread starter macrumors newbie

A what stuck in a what? English is not my first language can you be more speficic? Like where are those located?

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Google says the Swedish words for 'lint' are 'lint' and 'linneskav'.

See the picture for what the Lightning Port/Connector is.

Basically, if you get lint/debris in the Lightning Port/Connector of your iPhone, then when you insert the charger into that area, it may not charge (or charge well) unless you move the charger around inside the iPhone. Or it may work at a reduced rate. If you take compressed air and blow into the Lighting Port/Connector, it may remove anything that's in there (that shouldn't be in there).

Attached Files:

5. Farshad040 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh thats what i thought but... But you cant move the charger when its in can you?....and i dont have that at home compressed air is there any other ways?

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

On my iPhone 5s, the charger moves a little in the Lightning connector. Not a lot, but when I had a bunch of lint in my iPhone 5s Lightning connector, jiggling it just a little bit would cause it to switch between charging/not charging.

I've seen people post about using a wood toothpick to try and dig lint out of the Lightning connector. I took mine to the Apple Store and they cleaned it out with the compressed air.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can try something like a toothpick carefully trying to clean inside the lightning port (as I mentioned in the other earlier thread about this).

8. Farshad040 thread starter macrumors newbie

You see.. When i plug my charger in it wont vibrate or the icon wont show up but it still charges slowly.. .. Faster when off... But cant i just blow fast in the hole lol to remove the lint ?? Stupid question i know but i did that and i used a wood toothpick before and i got a little black stuff out i dont know what but i guess its the lint and i tried to look for more but nothing else came out, do i have to try harder? And im on iOs 7.1.2

----------

Carefully?? Lool i i broke the tooth pick when i tried cleaning it.. :(

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, if there's nothing more that comes out (and you didn't leave any part of the toothpick inside) then there's probably not much more that you can do as far as cleaning it out. If there's still an issue, and even though I know an Apple store might not be that much of an option based on previous thread (if I recall correctly), but that's more or less what would be left for most at this point.

10. Farshad040 thread starter macrumors newbie

WHAT?! That is complete bull ****! I paid so much for a thing and it wont even last a damn year!? ..... Maybe its bcuz of the version? If i would upgrade to the ios beta 8 that is out maybe it would work i dunno how but i heard people say it.. Im gonna try and clean it out again and see if its complete clean if not.... I will just get used to the only charge when off and hopefully when ios 8 comes out it will get fixed? I know its stupid and that a operative system cant be the reason but at this point im hoping for everything that could solve it..

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Sorry to crush your hopes but iOS 8 will not make your phone charge. You must get that **** out of there.

12. bugaboo12 macrumors newbie

I agree, there is probably dust/debris/dirt in the port/socket/hole :) that the charging cable plugs into on your phone. This is a common problem with the newer plugs. If you have an Apple Store around, they can clean it out for you there. Or you can use a can of compressed air or a toothpick :( to try to clean it out yourself.

When my iPhone 5s had this problem, I had some lint in the port :)

13. Farshad040 thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn it im really trying to clean it right now with toothpick but nothing gets out so i guess nothing is in there since u cant miss it cuz the hole is so small... .... I think its the charger.. Not the new coord .. I think its the bottom one that u plug in the charger coord in.........so frustrated!!

----------

How would i know if a pin is broken in the usb?? Like i used to charge my iphone over night.. And the tooth stick might done somth ( i dunno how sensitive the pins r)

----------

Hmm...... I think it might be the top head coord charger again.. That goes into the usb... When i move it with both my fingers i can hear a plastic sound inside it wtf????

----------

WTTTTF IM NOT EVEN KIDDING WHEN I MOVE IT WITH MY FINGERS FAST IT MAKES A PIPING SOUND LIKE"pip pip.. "

14. Farshad040 thread starter macrumors newbie

And it seems like the battery runs out lot quicker... So many questions, so few answers... Is it the batteries fault? I will never know.

15. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
    Enjoy the answers...

----------

This means "WHAT THE THE THE THE ****"
    A bit to many "the" don't you think?