Iphone 5 IN STORE PICK-UP's...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lzyprson, Oct 12, 2012.

1. lzyprson macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2012
    I searched the first two pages of this forum and couldn't find a similiar thread... My apologies if i'm beating a dead horse with this...

Has anyone who selected in-store pick up instead of typical shipping had luck getting their iPhone 5 sooner than 3-4weeks? The guys at Apple recommended that I take this route instead of getting it shipped to my home. They said it would certainly increase my odds.. especially for the 64gb model. I do know people who miraculously bought them at At&t Stores as well as apple stores, but that was all luck (they were there when the shipments arrived).

2. nefan65 macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2009
    Yes, definitely faster. I opted to not order on the first day. Wanted to sell my iPhone 4 first. One week after launch, I had it sold on Friday afternoon, went on Friday night and ordered for in-store, and picked up Saturday morning.

Perfect phone too...no dings, scratches, etc. Walked out activated and ready to roll.
  3. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Dec 23, 2009
    It's what I did. I ordered last week. I saw that occasionally they popped up "in stock" in my local store. I decided to cancel the 3-4 week order and try my luck. I'm going to pick up my white 32g after work.

I think you have I get a little lucky with it. They update at around 10 pm. I was on at 1030 when i found one. I checked again after my order and they were sold out again.

I had tried earlier in the week but didn't get through in time. That was frustrating.
  4. lzyprson thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2012
    So.. log-on preceisely at 10:00pm, Select In-store, make payment, and they will notify me? Thanks to the both of you for responding.

Much appreciated...
  5. Geffen macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2007
    This is how i bought my iphone 5 16GB in white I was told from the Apple store to go online after 10pm and purchase one and use store pickup. I didn't see any available at my Apple store the first night but the second night i was able to purchase the 16GB in White. Once you check out you'll get an email to let you know when its ready for pick up which i received at 7:30 am the next morning letting me know my iphone was ready for pickup.
  6. lzyprson thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2012
    That's terrific... There are two apple stores near my house so maybe it will help better my odds. Thanks for your response!
  7. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Dec 23, 2009
    I think the exact time can be a little hit or miss. Both times i found stock was a little after 10. Also the delivery dates are sporadic (some days they get a shipment, some yet don't).

I didn't care much about which one I got specifically so I put them all in my cart an checked every night (for a whole 3 nights) for stock. Cast a big net if you aren't picky.
  8. chocoyo00 macrumors regular

Oct 1, 2012
    I've noticed people having an easier time getting a phone with the online reservation system starting this week. I got a 16GB VZW white on Monday, and after I order mine there were still several ones available up until 10:30pm when they finally sold out, so as long as you're ready at 10pm sharp it's very likely you'll get one.