Iphone 5 in Uk Which Contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LEOPARDIZE, Oct 1, 2012.

1. LEOPARDIZE macrumors newbie

I have been with O2 for 3 years and would like to upgrade my iphone 3GS to the new iphone 5 but I gather when 4G comes out the new iphone with O2 will not get 4G and another phone will have to be purchased.

Can anybody recommend a reliable company to buy my phone and take out a contract that will see me get use out of my phone for 24 months?

2. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

3. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Voda wont work either. Its Three, T-Mobile, Orange or when released Everything Everywhere. It will be some time though before LTE coverage is enough for me as I travel.

For now im on Three which gets HSPA+ speeds of around 20mbps. Which is actually faster than the speeds EE think their 4G network will get.

4. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

You really need to find out what networks perform well where you live, no good going with a network because they're reliable to someone else.

5. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I would also recommend you choose the provider that gives you the best coverage and speed for the places you regularly visit.

It's a tough call. I would say three are the best 3G speed and possibly coverage but with a major disadvantage for me and that is no indoor signal at all for a couple of places I visit regularly.

O2 have the second best 3G speeds were I live and in parts of central London.

Yet tmobile has the best 3G coverage along with three but seemingly the slowest speeds.

Im still on O2 with their cheap old unlimited data iPhone tariff. But if I were to change I would go tmobile or possibly three If I had a reliable service.

6. LEOPARDIZE thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for your help.

Three sounds very encouraging. My brother-in-law is on 3 and he is very happy with the speeds but there can be a problem with an indoor signal while O2 works in the same place, but in general he has had a much better response in more remote areas than O2.

As you can imagine I am still a bit confused, because I suppose when you put your money down you take your chance.

7. LEOPARDIZE thread starter macrumors newbie

It might even be better value for me to buy an ipad and keep my old iphone 3GS and get my contract reduced.