iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2 blue screen of death followed by restart. Help! *VIDEO*

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KeithKman, Mar 28, 2013.

1. KeithKman macrumors newbie

Here is a video. Jump to the 1:55 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjyQLlEHomQ

If my jailbroken iPhone 5 is below ~40% and I plug it in and continue to use my phone, I get the blue screen of death followed by a restart. Doesn't do it when above ~40%. Tried two different power cords. Still does it. It did bsod once while plugged into the car when it wasn't jailbroken. Did this a few days before I jailbroke. I was listening to music and running Waze when it happened. Seems to happen every time I'm charging and using the phone while jailbroken now.

I tried looking online for my specific problem and came up with nothing.

Any ideas?

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

When you tried the different cords where you plugging them into the same wall socket. Voltage issues can cause weird overloads etc. Cars are prone to this, particularly older ones. Your car or that socket may have spiked something odd and shorted something and alterations caused by the jailbreak are causing the scenario to repeat in some way (perhaps running the battery to a point of reaching some internal temp) on a more frequent basis.

Remove the jailbreak, try a different plug in location (even a literally different location like at work or a friends) and see what happens.

3. KeithKman thread starter macrumors newbie

When I tried a different power cord I used a different wall socket also. Same issue.

My plan is to do a complete restore and see if it does it without the jailbreak. I'm sure it will since it did before.

Anyone else have any ideas? Seems to me it's a hardware issue.

4. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I can honestly say I've never seen an iPhone do that and I've been using/fixing/jailbreaking them for years.

DFU restore, setup as new phone if it happens still go to the Apple Store and get it swapped out.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Definitely this.

6. KeithKman thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there an untethered jailbreak for 6.1.3?

7. KeithKman thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a DFU restore to iOS 6.1.3 and then loaded an iCloud backup. I need to run the battery down before I can see if I can replicate the problem. I'll be sure to get a video if I can cause a bsod on an unjailbroken phone.

8. KeithKman thread starter macrumors newbie

9. KeithKman thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got home from the Apple store. Was given a new phone. Cheers.