iPhone 5 iOS 6 Icon Issue Resets Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irisharmos, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Irisharmos macrumors newbie

The problem is the following:

MY PHONE DOES A SEMI-RESET WHEN I HIT THE HOME BUTTON AFTER REORGANIZING THE ICONS.

BREAKDOWN - Wanted to move the Instagram app to the first page so I moved the Stocks app to another page. First issue I saw was that the Stocks app didn't drop where I wanted it to - it flew back to the previous page. So then I grabbed the Instagram app, dropped it on the first page, then hit the home button to lock in the icons. But as you will see on the video, when I hit the home button, the phone does a semi-reset then when it comes back on, the screen is darker. It then gets brighter when I go to settings, brightness (but I don't have to move the scale to get it brighter, I just have to tap the option then it brightens up). When I go back to see if the Instagram app is on the home page/where I left it - it is not there.

Here is the video - http://youtu.be/dHF2yvajpOQ

Anyone else experience this problem?

2. TOOFY macrumors regular

Looks like the springboard is crashing. I reccomend resetting all settings and content on the device via the settings menu and see if that resolves it. This is clearly a software glitch. Or perform a reset but do not restore from a backup as this method normanlly transfers bad data.

3. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

It's an iOS 5 issue. I have the same problem with an iPhone 4S. It only resets for me when I move an icon to the last page. If it goes elsewhere like in a folder it is usually fine.