iPhone 5--> iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 11bE5, Mar 12, 2013.

1. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

I bet there is tons of threads about this but is anyone with an iphon5 upgrading to 5s

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Not trying to be rude, but if you bet there are tons of threads about this, why don't you search for them and post there?

Secondly, how can we know if we're upgrading to a phone when we don't know for certain what it will look like or what new features it will have?

3. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

4. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

While I may be tempted to get it, I'm happy with my 5. I'm more interested in what iOS7 will bring with Ive behind it. I really hope they bring a ton of new features this time around.

5. Auxo macrumors 6502

I cant see why upgrade to a faster phone. Like its gonna matter.
    Well, it does matter but not in the way iPhone 6 will change that course.

iPhone 6 it is.

People with iPhone 4/4S will surely upgrade to 5S.

6. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

The only reason I ask because I just got my 5 love it. But I have about week left for my return timeframe and I know we don't have specs out yet but seeing past releases would taking my 5 back and waiting for the 5s be worth it. I'm actually thinking not now after looking at the incremental upgrades apple does with its S series

7. Knockworstface macrumors regular

Knockworstface

I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5s from the iPhone 4. :D:apple:

8. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I plan to upgrade to the iphone 5S from the 4S because it would make no sence to get the 5 right now when we are only a couple of months away from the 5S release.

9. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

I just got my iP5 on Saturday and I was planning on waiting but just didn't feel like it. I have little doubt I will be eyeballing the 5S when its announced and if its compelling enough will likely sell my iP5 to get it, of course I hope the physical design doesn't change too much or my expensive Taktik Extreme case won't fit it.

But I do find myself wondering what it takes for someone to upgrade one year to the next and I don't mean the apple faithful that will buy only apple stuff and don't care what it is they will just buy it. I mean what does it really take in terms of changes from X to the Xs version.

So if it gets a better camera, is it worth it?
    A faster processor is it worth it?
    Wireless Charging?
    NFC?
    Fingerprint scanner?
    Bigger Batter?
    All of the above?
    Something I haven't mentioned?

I mean to spend tons of cash in or out of contract is just crazy (not saying I won't do it) but why?

10. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I will upgrade 5>5s, but only because someone on my family plan will be due for an upgrade and i'll use that:p

11. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I won't be upgrading because 1) I can't afford it, and 2) I see how Apple does upgrades from 4/4s, and it's really not anything special. When the 4s came out all we missed was Siri, and honestly after getting the 5 for a couple months, I don't even use it. For the 5s we may or may not be missing anything, it could just be a couple minor improvements, but that's probably going to be it.

12. maxosx macrumors 68020

I bet they sell in huge numbers.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would like to say no, but odds are I'll be upgrading.

14. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

I'm sticking with the 5. But NFC and wireless charging, as useless as it seems, are appealing. Better camera would do it, too.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

depends exactly what the 5S offers. Just a better camera and better internal specs, no thanks. Wireless charging and NFC (if apple adds nfc, I think they will try to make apps incorporate it a little more than they currently are), yes. I really want NFC to be able to do things within a specific app vs just launching the app.

16. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Im totally new with apple and iphones but i will skip 5s and will be waiting for 6. For me iphone 5 is superb, everything is smooth, sexy design, comfortable, battery decent. I doubt that 5s will give any cardinal changes talking about design or specs. Performance already is so powerful ;)

17. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

I won't be changing, unless they make it the exact same as my iPhone 5 but with a 3.5" screen? Nope I like others am more interested in what iOS7 will be like.

If I could have my iPhone 5 with a 3.5" screen so you get that short length, I think it would be perfect?

18. MAvery macrumors newbie

This is how I feel. I've been upgrading every other model.

19. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Yep! :)

20. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

I figure that if the iPhone 4 is still receiving updates and only missing some features I have no problem waiting anymore besides ill have and upgrade available next year for the 6

21. irDigital0l Guest

Might keep my iPhone 4 of Google Now comes to Siri and it gets some features from iOS 7.

I rather upgrade my iPad 1 to retina iPad mini than iPhone 4 to 5S.

22. VladM macrumors regular

How can people say that 4>4s was just Siri? The 4s was *massively* faster than the 4, the speed difference was very noticeable. I upgraded from 4 to 4s, 4s to 5 and will upgrade to 5s if the speed keeps doubling regardless of the other features.

23. itjw macrumors 65816

The 5S will have plenty of worthy upgrades. The only people who WON'T be upgrading will be the people who cannot financially make it work (either through upgrade or otherwise).

Unless it has a teeny tiny "scuff" on it. Then all bets are off because: minor cosmetic damage > ALL other improvements combined...

:rolleyes:

24. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I will be keeping my iPhone 5 until the iPhone 6 comes out. I won't upgrade until my contract is up.

25. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850