iPhone 5 is the best phone in the world

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aohus, Sep 12, 2012.

1. aohus, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

aohus macrumors 68000

- 8 HOURS BATTERY LIFE while BROWSING LTE all DAY. Name me an Android phone that can browse 8 hours on LTE. YOU CAN'T.

[​IMG]

- Maps 3D view is of higher resolution and cleaner than Google's.

- iOS ecosystem is still more mature (with better premium apps) than Android ecosystem.

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

With an LTE toggle, which will do wonders for saving battery power.

3. TSFP macrumors newbie

can't wait till I get mine!

two years from now :rolleyes:

4. brendu macrumors 68020

It is not the best phone in the world. There isn't a "best" phone. That is a silly claim to make. It is a very nice phone, it is going to perform phenomenally, other phones do too, other phones have very useful features that Apple decided to leave out of the iPhone. But I know I sure as heck can't wait to preorder mine on friday and enjoy it for the next 2 years like I have enjoyed my 4.

5. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

this phone is being highly underestimated...

no it's by far the best phone in the world.

- the most vibrant ecosystem, with premium quality apps

- tons of accessories to choose from, one of the benefits of a vibrant ecosystem

- Dat 8 hour battery life while browsing LTE. No android phone can touch this benchmark. I don't think the Razr HD Maxx can neither.

6. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Get a better job? Mow some lawns? Wash some cars? Babysit? Lots of ways to get extra money for something you want.

7. rushluvr macrumors member

LOL, really? I had the Droid Razr Maxx the same time I had my 4s. The Maxx lasted a full DAY longer than the 4s and that was running LTE against the 4s running 3G. The Maxx's 3300MAH battery will easily outlast that tiny little 1440MAH in the iphone 5 and by a mile.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

We all know how the results of the iP4 and iP4s panned out in the real world. Let's wait until it's proven by the users here before chickens are counted.

9. ivnj macrumors 65816

Ya but I have removavle battery pack so I can last for ever.

10. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

size of the battery is relative to the hardware specifications of the phone.

clearly a 4.7 inch screen will require more power than a 4.0 inch screen. Your Droid Razr Maxx does not get 8 hours of on-screen time. There is a difference between full day usage and actual 'on-screen' time.

Also, the iP5 is utilizing the ARM Cortex-A15 architecture so it will no doubt sip power compared to A9 based phones.

This phone is a winner (for now), and I'm an android fanboy too btw.

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The screen on the RAZR Maxx blows. It's one of the worst screens on any "flagship" phone I've ever seen. That 240ppi is pathetic and makes for wretched clarity.

And the software is horrid, and not everyone wants a wake board for a phone.

12. rushluvr macrumors member

Yet its one of the top 5 selling phones in the world :rolleyes: Besides, that has ZERO to do with the battery. Stay on topic troll.

13. brendu macrumors 68020

I am not taking apple's word on battery life. I want to use it in real world conditions to see if it can really live up to those expectations. Even if it does, every Android and Windows phone in the future will have the more efficient LTE chips too so that wont matter anymore. AND there are as of right now VERY few accessories that work without an adapter which is not elegant at all.

The argument about more apps is true and its part of why I love the iPhone. Apps are better, no argument there. I also love the clean, fluid look and feel of iOS over the competition. But not everyone feels that way, not everyone can even use LTE so again, there is no best phone, and if there were many could argue that the iPhone is not the best.

14. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

It could have a battery that powers the space shuttle, the product is still not very good, so literally, who cares how long that terrible screen stays on.

15. riveting macrumors 6502

The PPI is kind of meaningness, how can you say a lower resolution screen is better than 720p screen, I doubt any average person can find 326ppi iphone is sharper than any of the current 720p android phones.

16. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Funny because I had the maxx and the 4s lasts longer.

17. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

Yea, because everyone needs 372 apps that make farting sounds.

18. rrl macrumors 6502

rrl

19. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

It lasted 24 hours longer than the 4.

20. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

this argument was used back in 2008. update your arguments please.

and btw, it's a given amongst techies that the iOS app store has much more premium apps than android ecosystem. i use both ecosystems frequently.

21. rushluvr macrumors member

well, 21 hours and change to be exact.

22. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

A toggle, you say? Revolutionary.

23. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

24. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

iP5 does 8 hours. Maxx does 5 hours. and the maxx screen was horrible. had sub 250 ppi.

[​IMG]