iPhone 5 jumpy scrolling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soldierblue, Oct 3, 2012.

1. soldierblue macrumors 6502

I've been experiencing jumpy scrolling on my iPhone 5, I've done a restore and it's still there. This is both in-app and on the home screen. It happens mostly when I'm scrolling at moderate speed from edge-of-screen to edge-of-screen.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I don't wanna try and swap it if its just an OS issue.

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I did on the second (replacement for a heavily scratched original) iPhone 5 I received. However by the time I noticed the scrolling issue I was so fed up with all the problems I shelved the phone.

Returning to my excellent 4S was a breath of fresh air. It also reminded me just how much I relied on Google's excellent maps. Not to mention the superior speed and enjoyment that iOS 5.x.x offers.

3. soldierblue thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm guessing its digitizer, but wasn't sure. I don't see it on my iPad with iOS 6.

4. mdiedrich macrumors newbie

Jumpy scrolling is killing me

In any app I'm in the scrolling is sometimes jumpy, or just plain crazy. I'll begin to scroll down or up and as most people do I don't always release my finger immediately. When I do this and my finger is holding still the screen will begin jump up and down even though my finger isn't moving. Desperate searching on google only came up with this post. Anyone else having this problem? Considering and going to ask for a replacement. I've tried restoring 3 times so far to no avail.

5. Merkie macrumors 68020

Doesn't seem normal. I can hold my finger on the screen perfectly fine, without the screen jumping up and down.

6. mdiedrich macrumors newbie

I'm not saying it happens 100% of the time but on my iPhone 5 about 50% of the time this happens. When reading it drives me insane as even if I tried to ignore it my eyes can't keep up.