iPhone 5 keyboard showing multi color blinking lines?

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I have this issue on several phones in the house all iphone 5 on att. what is the cause and is it a bad build or software?

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
I have this issue on several phones in the house all iphone 5 on att. what is the cause and is it a bad build or software?
I don't know if it's the same issue, but I have a problem where the keyboard and an underlying iOS control (usually a picker wheel) are fighting over which is topmost in the view. Looks like a sort of flickering, but it does not affect the keyboard.

kylu

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
i have the same issue too but it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone. if you take a screenshot while its doing it it will go away immediately. there also documented video of this on youtube....

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Apple can't seem to make up their mind on the issue. I called Apple and they said it was a hardware issue. The phone was considered DOA, and I should swap it at the Apple store for a new one.
I scheduled a genius appointment and they said it was a software issue and he was confident it would be fixed with a restore. Haven't had a chance to do that yet since the person I bought the phone with doesn't have a computer or access to WiFi. I had to purchase an iCloud upgrade, and even in the Apple store it said it was going to take 5 hours to backup the 6GB of stuff on the phone.
I can't say I'm impressed with Apple's handling of this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.