iPhone 5 Launch: Alderwood Mall, Lynnwood, WA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by icecrystal23, Sep 18, 2012.

1. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Anyone else going to be there?

We tried to pre-order through Verizon, but they couldn't handle it... so now we'll be in line on launch day instead!

I'm thinking of checking if there is a line yet at 11pm or Midnight. If so, we'll camp out. If not, we'll come back maybe around 4am or so.

2. Bonez86 macrumors newbie

Wish you the best of luck when going down there. Hopefully they let you line up right to the door. If they were smart they would coordinate with Panera Beard or another vendor and sell food through-out the night.

I hate going into that store during normal hours just browsing around as it's ALWAYS packed, I can only imagine how tonight will be.

3. icecrystal23 thread starter macrumors 6502

The line there usually goes to the door. I think mall security doesn't like people camping out, so that is my only concern.

I'm getting excited!

4. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I was there for the 4. I know Mall Security wasn't too bad except for whatever reason you weren't allowed to bring a chair (don't ask me). Everything else they wanted was reasonable (though according to the guy next to me they were on a power trip :rolleyes:).

I'm curious for anyone who is going this time (I managed to pre order and even if I didn't I can't this time, I would have gotten their early Sunday instead), how soon people line up. If I remember correctly I got there at midnight or something (I can't remember now but I did stay there almost all night) and there still were quite a few people ahead of me (I think there was a rush of people at midnight that I caught the tail end, and then around 4 or 5 another rush of people).

I'm curious how soon and fast the line accumulates this time for the 5. So if people are there and have devices, anyone care to report what the line looks like at various times of night.

And last time I was there they didn't coordinate with anyone to sell food or pass out any freebies (but some promotion gave out free iphone cases and t-shirts). I was so jealous of other people across the country where the apple store early in the morning would pass out freebies or give out free food or even free water.

5. icecrystal23 thread starter macrumors 6502

We showed up early. It's kind of a mob right now, because mall security won't let us be a line...?

6. toolhouse macrumors newbie

How many people are there now? I'm driving down from Bellingham.

7. Robby macrumors newbie

Line status

In line now. About 100 people in front of me. They have us lined up in the parking lot until 5:00.