iPhone 5 launch - Apple Store @ Rockaway Mall (Rockaway, NJ)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by leoneedees, Sep 16, 2012.

1. leoneedees macrumors member

Anyone going to the Apple store in the Rockaway Mall (Rockaway, NJ) for the iPhone 5 launch? I'm currently in the October time frame for delivery through Apple and was considering checking out this store on Friday with the hopes of picking one up. Anyone have any past experiences with it during iPhone launches?

2. Raska macrumors 6502

I waited on line for the 3GS, 4 and 4S launches, as well as all three iPads. I suggest you get there around midnight if you want to pick one up with any guarantee. For the iPhone 4, I got there around 3am and was one of the last ones to get one. For the 4S I got there at midnight and by 3am there was almost 100 people. Considering the magnitude of this launch, anything but an all-nighter seems risky. Good luck!

3. leoneedees thread starter macrumors member

Darn wouldn't think that store would be that busy. Oh well depends how I feel come Friday morning if I want to make the trip out there. Thanks for the response.

4. Iphone6 guy macrumors newbie

Iphone 6 launch day at rockway mall questions

I am going to wait in line for the iphone 6 at the rockaway mall and I was wondering, what time should I get there? What door do I wait at? And just how do these sorts of things work? I'm only asking you because you seem like you have experience. Thanks for your future answers!

5. Raska macrumors 6502

It's probably changed a lot in the past couple of years since I've done it, especially since the store has moved to a new (and way better) location inside the mall.

Basic premise is probably still the same: you wait outside the entrance across from the Apple Store (should be the one that faces Target, etc; I'm sure you'll see the line when you get there). Close to opening, employees give out cards or tickets specifying which model you want. Then they herd you in and you get your phone.

6. Iphone6 guy macrumors newbie

What time should I arrive and do they hand out refreshments?

7. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I'll be there! I have a pre-order in but delivery is slated for late October. If there is availability any sooner I will cancel my pre-order and scoop up a 6+ locally. But I wouldn't miss the madness at the Rockaway Mall for an iPhone launch, even if I can't get one! :)

8. Iphone6 guy macrumors newbie

I preordered the 128gb iphone 6 space gray and it's arriving on the 19th!!!!!