IPhone 5 Launch - Bath, Southgate Place

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Bazooka-joe, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Anyone going to be joining the queue at Bath.

Does anyone know where the best place to park would be

2. Chocolat macrumors newbie

I plan to queue in Bath on Friday, hopefully quite early, but of course not overnight :p, you will have to be careful in Bath as some of the parking spaces have had more time limits put on, so for an unlimited stay you will have to park quite far away and walk quite far, or of course pay for parking in town. I hope that I will get there early enough to get an iphone 5 on Friday but we shall all have to wait and see. Do you think it will be very busy at the Bath Apple store?

3. Joshwa457 macrumors newbie

I'll be aiming to get there around 6/6:30am. Is that too late?

4. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I rang the council and have decided to park in Manvers street. Its free overnight and you only pay for any parking after 8am.
    I was planning to get there for about 3am. I queued there for Ipad3 and got to the apple store at about 6am and there were about 50 people in front of me. I think its going to be a lot busier for the Iphone 5.

5. Joshwa457 macrumors newbie

Did you get an iPad 3? Does anyone know roughly how many they will have in stock? 3am seems very early to me. I'm just going to park where I normally do, next to the apple shop. I don't mind paying a few quid for parking

6. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yes I got an Ipad 3. Theb Apple guys walked down the queue with vouchers asking everyone what model and colour they wanted and the handed out the appropiate voucher. There were plenty in stock but Iphone is a different market and I think the demand for the Ihone 5 will be a lot higher than it was for the Ipad 3.
    Manvers Street is just 3 mins walk from the Apple Store. I am still going to get there early so that I hope to be sorted and away by 9.30.

7. Chocolat macrumors newbie

3am! Wow maybe I should aim to get there earlier than I thought, I have never attended a launch before, anything I should keep in mind? I really want to get the iphone 5 on Friday as I want to get it all set up before I go off to uni. Aiming to get a black 32GB model, unlocked.

8. Joshwa457 macrumors newbie

Jeeeez that does seem early! 3am till 9:30! 6 and a half hours waiting in the cold..... There's a guy in my town selling his spare one that'll be delivered today or tomorrow for £600. Think thats looking more likely now!

9. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Well 3am isnt too bad. If there is no queue then I have an understanding female who leaves a key under her doormat for me so I have somewhere to go for a couple of hours. But I reckon there will be at least 50 people in the queue at that time so dressing up warm, thermos flask , IPad and Macbook should keep me ticking over and the Apple guys normally appear around 7am and start dishing out coffee and muffins.

10. Chocolat macrumors newbie

Wow sounds like they are really nice at apple, hopefully the weather won't be too bad. Definitely need to bring something to do in the line. Do you think there will be many overnight campers already there or not, maybe just early morning arrivals?

11. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

There will be a few overnighters. For the IPad 3 there were about 20 people there with blankets and sleeping bags. No rain tonight thankfully

12. Chocolat macrumors newbie

Ah I can't wait till I get my new phone! I have heard that this time you will not be able to reserve any before the launch day for in store pick up, is this true?
    Really hope they have enough stock at Bath to cater to everyone's need.

13. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I am not sure how the stock allocations are are decided. I would imagine that they would have a hundred of each model and colour.
    In-store reserves stopped with the iPhone 4

14. Bazooka-joe thread starter macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

In the queue at Bath and only a dozen people in front of me

15. ShreyasZanpure macrumors newbie

How is it looking now mate? I am coming from Swindon, so wondering if I should go for the Bath or Bristol stores

16. Joshwa457 macrumors newbie