iPhone 5 Light Point Leak - Screen Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZorroTheCat, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ZorroTheCat macrumors newbie

Has anyone seen this light leak issue right on the screen? See the white dot phenomenon against the blue background on the right?

for the record - 4 boxes opened up at the apple store - all four boxes had phones with scuffs... had to settle for the phone with the least scuffs... but have just discovered this new screen issue... ridiculous!!!

Attached Files:

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Not a light leak, looks like a stuck pixel.

3. Hoppesangen macrumors member

I'm sorry but I can't believe you went through four phones at the Apple Store just for scuffs. I'm pretty sure the other people who wanted to buy those phones could have cared less. Anyway that light leaking issue is an actual problem and you should just get it checked out at the genius bar. I see no point for this post other than for you to feel better that you bitched and complained and someone was here to see you bitch and complain. If you actually wanted to contribute and tell us about your screen issue you would have scrolled down and seen this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1449811 and posted in it.

4. Andru T macrumors newbie

Definitely a dead or struck pixel. Apples QC isn't very good these days, just return the phone.

5. mattwestside macrumors member

couldn't have cared less. Say it out loud. Don't make the mistake again, especially when you're ranting on someone else's post. It makes you look like a fool.

And honestly, Apple makes a premium product and markets it as such. Their customer service is excellent - and this use case exemplifies that by the store associates using their authority to open four different boxes to look for an aesthetically perfect device, which is at the very least a reasonable expectation when buying something brand new. Is it not?