iPhone 5 lock button beginning to fail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radoo, May 5, 2013.

1. Radoo macrumors regular

Hi,

Recently I noticed the lock button doesn't work all the time. If I press it more on the right side, even though I hear the clicking sound, it doesn't lock my phone. :mad:

Would I be able to change it at the local carrier store? For repair, it will be a little more difficult I guess, because they will probably ship the phone to the capital where they have a service, so I would be left without my phone for two-four weeks. :(

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Apple is sending me a replacement tomorrow for the very same reason. This will be my third iPhone 5.

Any chance you're close to an Apple Store?

3. Radoo thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately no. There is no Apple Store, and Apple Authorised Service Providers are not authorised to repair phones, just Macs and iPads, if you can imagine that. Too bad I have no summer plans anywhere near an Apple Store, this year. :(

Anyway, thanks for your information. I will try to relate to what you said when speaking with someone at the Orange store. Maybe it will make a difference. :D

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Apple is shipping my new phone to me, so I'm not making the trip (mine is a half hour from where I live).

Basically they put a hold on your credit card, ship you a new phone, ship your old phone back, and you're never charged. It's great for not getting stuck without a phone. My line is business/personal, so I can't be without a device.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Meh, at the end of the day it's a tool. Enjoy it and use as needed.

6. bozzykid macrumors 68020

It's a physical button. Just like the lock button, it is about the only thing that can break on an iPhone. Of course there are a lot of threads posting about it considering how many have been sold.