Iphone 5 lock button issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bankaimadness, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

So the lock button is having some response issue. I have to press it like four times for it to work, and the strange thing is that only the left side of the lock button seems to unlock the phone.

The nearest apple store is like 40 minutes away and I was wondering if the lock screen button is really important. Anyone have this issue?

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Yeah it's a known issue.

Contact Apple and explain your issue. They'll send you a pre-paid postage box, all you have to do is drop it off at Fedex/Ups/etc. Then they will send a replacement back. Everything is pretty much taken care of.

3. Bankaimadness thread starter macrumors 6502

You had this issue before?

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Tons of people did. There are at least a dozen threads on this already since January. Bring it to apple. They will fix the button or replace the whole phone. Yes I had this issue. Yes they replaced the phone. Yes it's a known issue. Yes you should try searching more, you would've had your answer. The phone is under warranty still so just take it in and get it fixed. And yes the lock button is important. Should sometching ever happen, you can't get into DFU mode without it.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Had the same issue. Apple store replaced it with a brand new phone for me.