iPhone 5 Lock Button Problems. Exchangeable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeyboyyy91, Nov 12, 2012.

1. joeyboyyy91 macrumors member

Afternoon guys,

I've booked an appointment at my local Genius Bar tomorrow afternoon because the lock button on my iPhone 5 has become extremely temperamental.

Overall the phone has been great, but over the last couple of weeks the lock button only seems to work around 10% of the time. I'm left repeatedly pressing it for a good minute or so before it decides to finally lock itself.

So, should I expect a straight swap for a new phone when I take it into the store tomorrow? I got it on launch day from a carrier store but I know that after a 14 day period any problems should be taken up with the Apple Store.

Anybody foresee any problems with this? I'm anticipating a fairly smooth transaction as clearly the phone has developed this problem through not fault of my own.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

My sleep button freaked out also, it was a quick swap, and restore from iCloud at home.

3. syd430 Guest

It's clearly faulty based on your description, just go and swap it. Not sure why it needs a discussion.

Edit: if you meant whether or not they will repair it or swap it out for another one, then yes they will swap it for another one, not repair your current one.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Providing they see no evidence of abuse/liquid - I imagine they'll just swap it.

5. joeyboyyy91 thread starter macrumors member

Fantastic, thanks for your responses guys.

And yes Syd, thats exactly what I was after.

thanks again.

6. Legolai macrumors member

I thought i was going mad, i couldn't find evidence of this anywhere, mine just started playing up over the weekend. Ill have to take a trip to the genius bar now to get it swapped out.

7. joeyboyyy91 thread starter macrumors member

Just another quick question....

Do I need to take the box & all accessories with me when I go to the genius bar?

8. PrestonWard macrumors member

No.