iPhone 5 Meet Up, International Plaza Tampa FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by iJC-1976, Sep 16, 2012.

1. iJC-1976 macrumors member

iJC-1976

I didn't see a post for my area so I figured I'd make one. Who's going and what will you guys be bringing with ya? I'll have my iPhone 4s, iPad, snacks, drinks, blankets and something to sit on. See you there boys and girls! :D

2. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

hahahaha you are going to have some fun or party there.

3. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Was considering dropping by. I don't think I have the energy to wait like I did for the iPhone 4. May take my chances later in the day or just wait till everything dies down. The lines are fun though - good people.

Oh and Chick Fil A was giving out breakfast biscuits during the iPhone 4 launch. :D

4. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Hahaha! Yeah, it does sound like that, huh? :D

5. Snoopyto macrumors newbie

I am planning on taking the wife and I to the line and repalce our phones. Hope the line starts late.

6. iJC-1976, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

I waited in line for the iPhone 4 and original iPad. The lines started around 10pm and quickly filled up. I would recommend going to the mall for a late dinner so you can do a drive by to assess the line and then make the call on when you'll want to start waiting.

7. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Thanks for the insight, justinguru. Obviously the over 3 million people that have pre-ordered their iPhone 5's "think different" than you. Why don't you go try to hock your custom wood cases elsewhere buddy, m'kay? Thanks!

8. Snoopyto macrumors newbie

That is wonderful suggestion on the dinner. We are driving down from Gville and visiting family. My luck they'll dump me off and go home and sleep.

9. fridayxiii macrumors member

I'm gonna be at the Apple Store at Int'l Plaza, but I'll probably get there around 9:30am or maybe a tad later. I'm driving over from the beach in Pinellas County so I gotta time it to avoid rush hour heading into Tampa. I'm hoping that with another Apple Store in Brandon, carrier stores, Best Buy, etc. - and this being a work day for many - that I can get in & out without a too hellishly long wait. Feel free to tell me if that's an idiotic thought :eek:

10. Sm0kEnDragon macrumors newbie

Sm0kEnDragon

I wish you the best of luck. :cool:

11. Snoopyto macrumors newbie

My concern showing up at 9am, is that product maybe gone. If they sold over 2M of the devices so hard and 4s is sort of incremental update in a way and many people did were not upgrade eligable and now they are. SO I expect the line will be long and early.

So who all will be waiting line in the early AM?

12. rickieschelfo macrumors newbie

How is the line looking? Usually there is news coverage but not so much this time. Does that mean that the line isn't so bad?

13. rickieschelfo macrumors newbie

I am at the AT&T store just north of county road. There were only 3 here when i got here 15 min ago, now there is 8.