iPhone 5 Metal unibody back- any chance we will see induction charging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iansilv, Sep 10, 2012.

1. iansilv macrumors 6502a

I was thinking abou this- with all the parts leaking out, one would think it would have been examined by the people that are getting the parts. However, if it is a brand new feature, maybe it can be identified on this leaked parts.

Anyone think that the iPhone 5 might have induction charging where you could just lay the phone down on a charging mat and it would charge? Could that still be a hidden feature that, despite all the parts leaks, might not have been noticed?

2. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

3. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

With the "supposed" new dock connector, I can't see them having this feature.

4. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

For all intents and purposes... Induction charging is more of a novelty feature. It would be neat, but it wouldn't serve any purpose for me.

Plus, if you pick it up, it stops charging (naturally), so when I need an extra charge during the day, I want to be able to pick up the phone and have it keep charging while I use it.

5. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

But the new dock connector could still charge, I just thought it would be a great feature that might be lurking in plain sight in the leaked parts... Like that thing that was supposed to be an NFC chip but isn't...

----------

Why So Serious?

----------

So you would plug it in... I'm not saying induction charging would be the only way to charge the phone, I'm saying that in addition to a cable charge the induction charging might be there.

6. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Oh I know it would.. What I meant was for them to be changing something they have kept for quite a while, I can't see them saying "We've got a new dock connector, but you won't be using it much at all because we have wireless charging."

7. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good point.

8. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i suggest you read my signature.