I got some moisture into my phone screen and body as vapor, from having it inside a goretex pocket while doing some strenuous work. At that time, the screen would illuminate and was visibly usable, but had some vertical light/dark banding. The touch capabilities weren't working, or sporadically -- not well enough to unlock the phone. The Apple store confirmed moisture inside the phone, not just the screen. I put it in a sock in a bowl of rice, along with a second container with damp rid, both in an enclosed container, with a heat lamp over the container for a day and a half. I couldn't turn off the phone, due to the touch screen not functioning. I just removed the phone (whose battery died), charged it, and I can tell the touch screen works... I swipe and I hear it unlock. I can also power down the phone. Unfortunately, the screen does not illuminate at all. Has anyone experienced this, and is this likely to be additional moisture issue or more likely hardware damage? I'd prefer to not fork over an additional $150 to apple, but looks like I may be headed that way.