iPhone 5 NEW LEAK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaMike8, Sep 2, 2012.

1. DaMike8 macrumors member

http://www.nowhereelse.fr/video-nouvel-iphone-5-prototype-70268/

Check this link out. All of the other "leaks" were hoaxes! Just came out 10 minutes ago!

----------

Help get the Mods attention! This needs to be front page in the morning!

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Can you google translate the article for those of us who are reading it with our iPhones and can't google translate it?

Edit: here's the clickable link http://www.nowhereelse.fr/video-nouvel-iphone-5-prototype-70268/

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Looks not far off the other leak just the bands missing and buttons are silver. I'll wait to see the real phone at the keynote!!

4. ChrisWard1994 macrumors member

ChrisWard1994

interestingly its not a 2 tone back like we,ve been seeing.

5. Nathan20 macrumors regular

Where does it say all their other leaks were hoaxes?

6. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the clickable link to everyone else. I'm on my iPhone too! So I couldnt submit it to Macrumors directly via the "Submit a rumour" button. Haha

I'm too lazy to translate it (on my iPhone right now) haha, The article is fresh, just came out less than 20 mins ago! This is exciting!

7. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

It would be amusing if all of these leaks are wrong and it is completely different, otherwise this would be one of the worst kept secrets of late.

8. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

I'm infering. Not completely sure, But judging by how Apple is very "secretive" when it comes to these things and with Tim Cook saying he's "doubling down on secrecy", this is plausible. Especially when its cited from nowhereelse.fr. A source reliable for leaks

9. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Presumably fake as iPhone's no longer need to be connected to iTunes out of the box? Unless of course prototype devices are different.

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I like that this one does not have 2 tone. Seems better. Seems legit.

----------

Is there a video?? I'm on my iPhone

11. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, and the article Also says that it has the xxxxx branding on the bottom. Steve Jobs wanted perfection and simplicity in his products. I'm sure that's what Ive wanted too. Why would they release anything other than one tone/unibody and have a two tone glass/aluminium back?

This by far is probably one of the most solid, legit leaks.

12. ChrisWard1994 macrumors member

ChrisWard1994

They wanted glass for the internal radios to recieve and transmit signals

13. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

Nope, Just the pictures. It was saying something about "after the new video released this afternoon (the mock up) the new iPhone prototype...."

----------

What if they found a way to transmit it without having to put two random patches of glass in between? Because I don't think that's very "Apple" to do. I'm not saying I don't think that the two tone isn't true, I just think that this leak we see here is more plausible than the ones we've been seeing for the past months. We'll have to wait and see on the big day.

14. Nathan20 macrumors regular

There is a video but requires flash

15. ChrisWard1994 macrumors member

ChrisWard1994

Well its possible they have. I do like the back in the video. Athough the iphone 2g was 2 tone. It does shake up the rumor mill.

16. DaMike8, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012

DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

DAMNIT! I'm on my iPhone too. :( Makes me sad </3

----------

Keep in mind that the iPhone 2G was the very first iPhone they came out with. It had a bunch of kinks and design flaws in it. Over 4-5 years, Look where it lead us! To one of the "sexiest" phones of all time. It's possible they can go back to the two toned design... But Ive and Jobs insist on simplicity.. That's why I think this is more plausible. The first iPhone wasn't "simplistic" It had the two tones and that lead us to this, six generations later!

17. rovex, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012

rovex macrumors 65816

Early prototype by the looks of it. The two-tone has been leaked everywhere unlikely this will see the light of the day.

18. Nathan20 macrumors regular

I would imagine if they were to plug it into iTunes it would send apple the location of the device, which is why they can only turn it on once plugged into iTunes.

19. johnyslats Contributor

johnyslats

20. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Fair assumption to make.

I still think it's fake and prefer the two tone back, that all black one looks a little bit dull to me, almost too matte.

21. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

To me, this leak here seems more plausible than all of the leaks we've seen so far. It might be the two toned design that we've already seen a million times, But I find it hard to believe. I think Apple has something up it's sleeves.

22. dotpl macrumors newbie

Guys! How many days before conferences of new products is Apple announcing it? It's 10 days to 12/09 and there is no news.

23. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

It does to me too. I wonder if it's the camera angle which the shots were taken at, or if its actually like that. One or two of the shots you can see reflections on, that's why I say that.

24. Nathan20 macrumors regular

Agree, it lacks character compared to the 2 tone

----------

Normally a week earlier so should be around 5th of september

25. DaMike8 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but remember how Apple keeps things to alluminum? Their macbook shells are made out of alluminum, which has a matte finish on them, Instead of glass, The new iPhone could be alluminum, in relation to the macbook finish (on the inside of the macbook)