iPhone 5 not charging on Windows 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ///M Powah, Jun 1, 2013.

1. ///M Powah macrumors regular

///M Powah

Hi. I have this problem... When I try to charge my iPhone 5 with my lightning cable and plug the usb cable into the computer then nothing happens. I tried different usb ports and different lightning cables and it will still not charge. Anyone else having this problem? I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

You may need to give it a moment for Windows to establish the right drivers before you are allowed to charge. I had the same issue with my PC at work, Windows 7 (64bit I think).

You should see the icon in the task bar doing it's scan when you plug your iPhone in. I know even now that I've already done it before it takes time for the drivers to load in.

3. ///M Powah thread starter macrumors regular

///M Powah

It did charge before and now it suddenly stopped working.

4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Is this your personal machine or one at a work place?

If it's personal you may want to look at the Devices and Printers control panel to see if there is any hint as to the problem such as it's no longer able to find a driver.

If it's a work machine it might be restricted.

5. ///M Powah thread starter macrumors regular

///M Powah

This is my personal machine and I have connected my iPhone 5 to the computer and followed your instructions and this is what I get.

Attached Files:

6. Baggio macrumors 6502

Uninstall the driver, then unplug the phone and then plug it back in to reinstall the driver and see if that corrects your problem.

7. ///M Powah thread starter macrumors regular

///M Powah

This problem is now resolved! I have contacted Applecare and they helped me to resolve this problem. I had to disable forced driver signing enforcement when I restarted my computer :apple:.

8. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Glad to hear it :)

9. kevink2 macrumors 65816

USB can be strange at times on Windows. My sister's Windows computer can decide not to support some devices on certain ports, but support them on another. Have removed and reinstalled drivers in the past without complete success.