iPhone 5 number 3 already? :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mvp2206, Sep 22, 2012.

1. mvp2206 macrumors regular

mvp2206

Not having the best of luck with my iPhone 5 so far! Queued up for 5 hours on launch day and the first one out of the box had a huge gauge/scratch down the side (not just a scuff). Naturally Apple were Apple and gave me another. Inspected this one thoroughly and all looked good, but have now developed a dead pixel at the bottom of the screen (very noticeable due to the black bars when running a non optimised app). Will be heading back to Apple tomorrow and just have to hope they have one in stock and will replace it (typically, just sold my iPhone 4 and posted it this morning) :-(

Whilst I do love the iPhone 5, am not too impressed by the faults I have experienced, especially when forking out £599!

2. KPOM macrumors G5

That's too bad. :(

If it makes you feel better, both the ones I've had were flawless, so hopefully the third time is the charm for you. The only reason I'm on my second is that I decided to go with a non-contract (and unlocked) version and happened to arrive at the store just as a new shipment was being unloaded.

3. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

4. mvp2206 thread starter macrumors regular

mvp2206

Third time better be the charm!! ;-)

Out of interest, were yours the Black or White model?

5. RenoG macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted

First to get the new phone will result in the first to have issues from the first batch.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Both were the white 32GB model.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's not true. I had a launch day (actual got it a day ahead) iPhone 4 and it was flawless the entire time I had it (swapped it out for a friend's 32GB model earlier this year, he gave my 16GB to his mother for her Birthday). In fact, it was the only iPhone I've owned that didn't develop an issue.

8. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

9. mvp2206 thread starter macrumors regular

mvp2206

Cheers (mine have been 32GB Black)

----------

Thinking about it, have had a few problems with many first batch products:

iPhone 3G - crack developed and stuck pixel
    iPad 2 - 2 with really bad screen bleed (gave up on it in the end and stuck with 1st gen)
    iPhone 4 - dead pixel

I think I must just attract bad Apple products! Worryingly am saving up for iMac so no doubt that will have some issue knowing my luck

10. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Not true at all. My iPhone 5 is perfect. ;)

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Don't get the first batch, then! :D

I'm an early adopter, and have experience some of that. My 2010 MacBook Air needed to be replaced after 2 days because of a logic board issue. 3 months later, that one had to be repaired because of another hardware issue. For the most part, though, my experience with Apple products has been pretty good.