iPhone 5 NY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macboots, Oct 11, 2012.

1. macboots, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

macboots macrumors newbie

hi,

need some help. been trying to get an iphone 5 at miami for the past two days... with out luck. been camping since 4am yesterday, and nothing. today they didn't even had any in stock, so after a 4 hour wait, we got sent home with a tap in the back.

due to my flight schedule, i have the option to either fly home (south america) this saturday either from miami or new york. so my questions is this, do you guys think i have a better chance scoring a phone in new york city (flight wouldn't cost me, and i have a place to stay). anyone living there can give me some feedback on what's the situation trying to get phones? because here in miami it's a real pain in the ass.

well guys thanks for the help... need to figure this out asap since i would have to run to the airport.

2. macboots thread starter macrumors newbie

3. nanchen242 macrumors newbie

I live in nyc, 5th ave and grand central should have them since they are flagships. Problem is here in nyc they wont sell it w.o a contract because resellers are taking advantage of it. This ruins it for everyone else trying to buy it full price like me
    :(

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

camping out for a phone? where at? lol
    apple stores only do reservations for iphone 5... 10 pm-4 am or something. go online order, pick up in store

----------

they can.. they just arent informed. Tell them to use easypay and device only.
    several users on here have been able to buy them off contract

5. nanchen242 macrumors newbie

I was just at their flagship store 5 minutes ago on 5th ave. Cashier wont sell it to me w.o attaching it to my att account. And manager wont sell it to me full priced too. Im starting to hate the iphone 5. Might get an optimus G. It was also going to be my birthday present tomorrow :-( i know cry me a river

6. Vctr macrumors regular

So you're saying the 5th Ave Cube has iPhone 5's for sale for walk ins? I thought they were only accepting 10 PM reservations.

7. nanchen242 macrumors newbie

Yes...i personally saw hundreds being stocked. But they couldnt sell me one at full priced

8. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

i wonder if all of the phones that you saw in nyc were for reservations? Most stores have had very limited quantities available for reservations, let alone for walk-in customers.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Strange. They did it for me at the Boston flagship store. This must be store or NYC specific.

10. hachiman, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

hachiman macrumors regular

You said you were returning to South America. Are you sure the iPhone 5 will work there?

If you are on vacation I don't think you should spend time waiting for a phone. Enjoy the rest of your stay and relax.

Preorder online, have it shipped home, and sit back. You won't be the only one trying to get one in any city.

11. macboots thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys... thanks for the feedback. not really on vacations trip, more of a work trip but have the rest of the week off till saturday, so decided to come to NY. my birthday is today as well haha. will try the soho store tomorrow morning, hope they sell me one full price... it sucks they don't want to do it in new york from what i've read in this thread... hopefully i'll show them my passport, they'll see it's my birthday and they let me have one full price...
    also, it does work down in south america, we won't be getting LTE down there till late 2014 at least, so both verizon and at&t iphone 5's are good for 3g bands.
    thanks for the feedback guys, will let you know how it went.

12. macboots thread starter macrumors newbie

damn guys you were right... they don't want to sell it full price at NY... been to the soho store, 5th ave and another and nothing, they want to make you sign up for a contract... which blows. it wasn't like that in miami... to bad it's a pain to get it there. which would be the closest place to get one? i can fly there, got open ticket from the company i work for till saturday... advice anyone?

13. formulatwo, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

formulatwo macrumors member

Have you tried calling some Apple stores in different locations to sell if they will it to you at full price? That might be your best bet. Then you can fly there and pick it up.

Have you tried a Best Buy yet? Supposedly this guy was able to buy a full price phone. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1466993