• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

acidflame

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2012
Im running mine on straight talk and I get 5-8mbps and 1 to 2 mbps upload speeds. Its a mvno and I beleive att treats go-phone as a mvno as well.

Why not just use st? 45 a month unlimited everything. Some people claim it is not but I havent got throttled or any warnings using their sim.

Comment

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
Im running mine on straight talk and I get 5-8mbps and 1 to 2 mbps upload speeds. Its a mvno and I beleive att treats go-phone as a mvno as well.

Why not just use st? 45 a month unlimited everything. Some people claim it is not but I havent got throttled or any warnings using their sim.

but can you get LTE on straight talk?

Comment

acidflame

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2012
No but I see no reason to need it...yet with 5-8mbps on "4g" ....go-phone data is like 1 gb or 3gb I think and its so much more expensive

Comment

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010

Attachments

• speed test.png
    speed test.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 60
  • photo test.PNG
    photo test.PNG
    90.2 KB · Views: 31
Comment

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
PR
i have st but my data it's so slow i need to call him about twice a week to get working and i not tethering or something else

Comment

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
i have st but my data it's so slow i need to call him about twice a week to get working and i not tethering or something else

Not sure why that is...but do make sure you are not abusing the data....dont be going over 2.5GB/month in any given month...I along with many users have been straight talk users for well over a year now and never had issues like this...except one time i used over 3GB...just have to be reasonable and not abusive....

Comment

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
PR
Not sure why that is...but do make sure you are not abusing the data....dont be going over 2.5GB/month in any given month...I along with many users have been straight talk users for well over a year now and never had issues like this...except one time i used over 3GB...just have to be reasonable and not abusive....

i never past over 2.5 i download anything from wifi i only use data for fb o twitter and youtube sometimes not all time

Comment

Replicachamp22

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
The iPhone 5 without LTE is pointless... Seriously. 4g speeds are better than 3G .. But I've clocked myself at 27mbps downloading compared to 4g speeds of 6-8 at best.

LTE is really good

No but I see no reason to need it...yet with 5-8mbps on "4g" ....go-phone data is like 1 gb or 3gb I think and its so much more expensive

Comment

SocalMark

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
I just stopped using straight talk and now back with At&t, Just got tired of them throttling my account that I never abused.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.