iPhone 5 Ordering/Shipping Time - AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac.fanatic, Oct 1, 2012.

1. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

I just placed an order at an AT&T corporate store for the black 16 GB iPhone 5. The guy told me that they are shipping in 24 hours, however they also said they it will take 2-3 weeks. Well, which is it? He was nice, and answered all my questions except for this one. He and another employee both answered very vaguely. I logged into myATT and the order says processing (Obviously. It's only roughly been an hour).

For those who have ordered from AT&T, how did you know when your order was going to be shipped? I have seen threads with titles such as "iPhone 5 AT&T Order Shipment 2-3 weeks/October 10-16" - Where do they get this information from?

2. ttNB macrumors 6502

ttNB

If you just orderd your iPhone in-store they give you an estimate time of when it should be sent to the store. I ordered in store on the release date at 5pm. I wound up getting it Tuesday. 4 days after the release date. They give you that time because they don't want to be held for every word of an earlier date just in case it doesn't come in. All I can say is everyone that orders late got an October date. Hopefully you will get it next week. Just be patient ( I know you want it now) but it will be worth the wait. Just check your status every now and then, not every 5 mins though you will torture yourself. Good luck, I hope you get it soon. Oh yea they upgraded to over night shipping so that is what he was talking about the 24hr shipping. So when it does ship it will take about a day.

3. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'm actually in no rush to get it. I would like to get it sooner than later, but whenever it comes in, it will come in. I just kind of wanted a time frame. I figured that that's why they didn't give me more of a time frame than 24 hours to 2-3 weeks.

Also, it's going to be shipped to my house - not the store. I am doing a cross upgrade so they ordered the phone under the line that was eligible for an upgrade and told me that when it comes in, just bring the phone to the store with the phone I used the upgrade, my current phone, and the iPhone. I wanted it to be shipped to the store but he said that he can't have it shipped to the store, and said it will come to my home.

4. ttNB macrumors 6502

ttNB

Oh, I had done the same thing where I swapped the lines, gave my wife my 4S and I got the 5. I had it delivered to the store and they gave me a call and switched everything there in store. Well at least you get to open your box first and get to see it before any one else does

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I was at my local AT&T store and Bestbuy today inquiring about the iphone 5. I have a white and want a black... AT&T hasn't seen 1 since launch day and Bestbuy only got 1 16gb in on launch day and nothing since! I'm in washington state in the western tip...:confused:

6. ttNB macrumors 6502

ttNB

Well you have 30 days to exchange it, so if you can get a handle on one just exchange it for the black one. Since your looking for the same 16Gb version, it should be an easy swap.

----------

You may have to make a few phone calls and maybe a road trip to get what you want. Thank God I orderd on preorder day because all of NJ was completely sold out.

7. PikachuBoobie macrumors member

Waiting for mine patiently (kinda) as well from AT&T. White-16GB. Ordered on the 23rd. Still processing; back-ordered - 1.

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Nah I picked up a 64gb on launch day. I'm gonna upgrade my gf's line on my account next month and get a black 64 and give her my white. She only needs a 16gb but oh well lol. I give up calling around and isn't worth the hassle. I most likely will order through apple online this time.

9. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually want to open it in front of someone at the AT&T store so just in case it is damaged out of the box, they know I didn't do it through misuse. That's why I wanted it shipped to the store.

10. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered mine yesterday. The shipping status said "backordered" about an hour ago, now it says processing. So, is it ready to ship or what? I'm confused as to how it could go from "backordered" to "processing" in an hour, keeping in mind how much demand there is for the phone.

11. iTooCrzy macrumors member

iTooCrzy

Ordered black 32GB on 9/21. Just called AT&T and was told it would ship between 10/11 and 10/22. Ouch!!! :(

12. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

Aaahhhh. What does your online status say?

13. iTooCrzy macrumors member

iTooCrzy

14. iTooCrzy macrumors member

iTooCrzy

You can go here and see when yours comes off back order. It should have a 1 under back order. When it changes to a 0, it will be shipped within a couple days.

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

15. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that for overall status of the order or the shipment status?

----------

Unless I'm looking at the wrong place, it did not show a member next to the shipment status being "backordered". Now it says processing for both the overall status of the order and the shipment status. The the only number that it shows is the quantity ordered.

16. iTooCrzy macrumors member

iTooCrzy

If you just ordered, it might take a day or two to update back order status.

17. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's on back order now.

18. iTooCrzy macrumors member

iTooCrzy

19. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

The status of my order when I check it through my "myAT&T" account changed from processing to "Shipment Pending" for the iPhone but it doesn't say the same for "Various SIM."

However, when I check my order status from
    https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ it tells me that both the iPhone and the "Various SIM" are on back order. What could this mean if the two different AT&T status sites are telling me two different things?

20. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I am talking about.

Attached Files:

21. iTooCrzy macrumors member

iTooCrzy

I would go by the one that has back order status. Once it changes to a 0 you should get shipping info within 24-48 hours.