iPhone 5 owners: What data plan do you have?

iPhone 5 owners: What data plan do you have?

• <2 GB

Votes: 30 10.8%
  • 2-4 GB

Votes: 59 21.3%
  • 5-9 GB

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • 10-20 GB

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Unlimited

Votes: 162 58.5%

• Total voters

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
unlimited att. I typically use less than 2gb, but I'm sure I will come closer to the 5gb throttle mark now b.c the phone is faster, so I will use it a lot more when out.

vtgeek

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Those of you with unlimited, are you actually using more or less data in the long run then a lesser plan would offer you? Would you actually be saving money by changing to a lower plan? Do you just like knowing you have unlimited?

I am in Vermont and we have no LTE. Clearly faster network = more data use.

I've looked at my bills going back to summer 2011 and I've only used 800MB in my largest month. Certainly "pre paying" for unlimited vs having a lower plan, saving money and if needed bumping up if needed would be more ideal.

mtondreo

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Unlimited on AT&T, wife is unlimited on Verizon. Still looking for a 5 (on a 4 currently). was going to switch to Verizon (much better coverage here), but I don't want to lose my plan. I am hoping the 5 will hold calls better. Wife will probably stick with the 4 for now since Verizon makes you change your plan on upgrades.

Last edited:

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Those of you with unlimited, are you actually using more or less data in the long run then a lesser plan would offer you? Would you actually be saving money by changing to a lower plan? Do you just like knowing you have unlimited?

I am in Vermont and we have no LTE. Clearly faster network = more data use.

I've looked at my bills going back to summer 2011 and I've only used 800MB in my largest month. Certainly "pre paying" for unlimited vs having a lower plan, saving money and if needed bumping up if needed would be more ideal.
Unlimited on AT&T. I pay $30 for my data plan, $30 for my second line, $9.99 for the extra line, and $50 for 550 minutes. I do not pay for a text plan, since 90% of the people I interact with have iPhones, and I use the free app TextNow for the others. I may have 2-5 random texts in a month that I have to pay for.

So, I'm paying $120 for two phones with unlimited data on each. There isn't a shared plan in existence that could get me off of that deal. I don't care about tethering - when I want to use my iPad in an area with no wi-fi (like if I'm traveling) then I pay for one month. I can live without Facetime over cellular.

Oh, and I do have LTE in my area. It rocks.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Columbus, OH
Unlimited data on Verizon for $9.99/month. I got a sweetheart deal about 2 years ago, and will never buy a subsidized phone from them. :D