iPhone 5 Pakistan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BadBrownBear, Sep 15, 2012.

1. BadBrownBear macrumors newbie

i'm going to Pakistan at the beginning of October, was going to order my phone when i get back, but anybody know if they're released there? and prices etc?

2. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I sense trollage. First iPhone India, then iPhone Pakistan. Whats next dudes?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Correct.

Cell coverage in Pakistan is monitored and restricted...PakTel were the carrier, but things have descended into chaos recently...Taking any sim based mobile device is fraught with all kinds of issues.

4. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Do they publicly stone your earpods if caught?

5. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

dont even bother taking anykind of smartphone there...You will be jacked before the plane would land...lol

6. kamran9558 macrumors regular

There is no official apple store in pakistan, only resellers like united mobile and advance telecom and they probably will not bring the iphone for atleast a couple of months. do a stop over in dubai and buy it from there :)

----------

well, that is exaggeration

----------

Thats no more the case now, there are multinational networks working there and the services are dirt cheap compared to europe / US

7. BadBrownBear thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL no troll, i was thinking of buying it over there, pending on the exchange rate and price and what not. Selling my galaxy note before i leave the uk, purely for the reason of me not trusting anybody there! haha

8. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

This is bad advice. Buy it unlocked on launch day in the US and take it to Pakistan and use it there. If you buy it in Dubai, you're going to easily pay double what you would pay in the U.S. and it also may not be available by the time you need it.

Pakistan has a lot of GSM carriers that can support the iPhone (provided it is factory unlocked). There's Mobilink, uFone, Warid, Zong, Telenor, etc etc.

As far as data speeds go, I'm not sure Pakistan has an extensive 3G data network yet (definitely not LTE) but at least your iPhone will work there.

EDIT: Just saw that you're in the UK, buy it in the UK -- even with VAT I would guess that it'll be cheaper than buying it in Dubai.

9. kamran9558 macrumors regular

It was supposed to be a joke :)
    data speeds are pathetic as there is no 3G operator max you can get is edge which is just OK for emails but rubbish for browsing.

10. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

BadBrownBear, are you moving to Pakistan permanently or just going for a short visit?