iPhone 5: People DIDN'T complain about the first three's designs.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shane2100AD, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Shane2100AD macrumors newbie

Really? You don't remember that the first iPhone, iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS looked the exactly the same and the "5" is rumored to look the same albeit a little bit bigger?

I don't see the point in complaining when Apple threw us the same design three years in a row and now they're doing it again; only thing is, there will be an extra year added in. (the 5S)

Prediction: iPhone 6 (2013/2014) will have a redesign.

2. rick98761 macrumors 6502

iPhone 1 looks quite a bit different then the 3G or 3GS.

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I don't get why they just don't restore the form factor of the original iPhone. That was the best one.

4. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

I actually think the 4 and 4s looks the best of all of them. Personal favorite.

5. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Actually, i think they did.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

There are some people here that complain about EVERY design until it is announced at a keynote.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They probably will sometime down the road.
    Kinda like the car companies do now bringing the old style back to brand new models.

And even after its announced :D

8. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I agree^ If they wanted to revamp the 3G/S, I would be good with that. Make it a bit longer/wider and I'd be happy.

9. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Personally, I think the 4/4S has the best design and I love it!

10. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

I never own a iPhone 4 or 4s I will see if I like the design of the iPhone 5 once is in my hands when I Preorder during release.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They're doing that in a way. They're adding black top in addition to the black bottom and silver back :D

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Lol what.

13. Merkie macrumors 68020

I lol'd.

14. Coldsnow, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012

Coldsnow macrumors regular

Apple only releases a new iPhone every year around October/September. Apple's iPhone terribly needs a redesign. Your argument is invalid.

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

3G/S designs were crap, the 2G was great. I'm also a huge fan of the 4's design and wouldn't be that broken up if they keep it the same; as with many Apple products, seeing it in person will make it click.

16. JesalTV Guest

To be honest, it's almost a moot point.

So many people put cases on their iPhones, so all you see is the front (which isn't going to change anyway.

Saying that, I'd happily not put a case on if the metal back is resilient and stylish enough. I actually don't like the extra weight the case adds, even if mine is super cool.

17. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I LOVED the first iPhone, I thought it had an amazing design. Unfortunately I gave it to my ex gf who is very clumsy and loses things. Someone stole it from her purse. I think the iPhone 4(S) design is awesome. I like it way more than the iPhone 3g and 3gs design.I like that it's flat, and that it has a lot of metal around the sides. Just a great design.

18. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Early on, the design of the iphone was probably still novel enough that people were still wowed by its appearance.

Now, 5 years later, I guess more are getting a little bored with its staid design and want a new look.

19. kicko macrumors 65816

I think the 3g/3gs felt the best in the hand with its rounded edges, but the 4/4s looks the best however i dislike it's flat edges.

Mostly I think with computers Apple can upgrade the specs without a redesign but its not as acceptable with phones.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

maybe down the road they will do that. It is still only like 5 years old though and too soon to bring back the throw back look. Who knows, maybe is another 5 years that will be back in style. I loved the original back and am glad they are doing two tone

21. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Longer iPhone is going to be awesome. More screen area and more useable phone like size.

22. Hankcah macrumors regular

Let's step outside the box a tad...

Major car companies like BMW/Porsche and a few others, stick to their product throughout many years

Let's take the 3 series for example. BMW makes minimal changes to their design, tests the crap out of it, and every year it gets better and better.

Apple is the same way with their iPhone. They won't release ****** software or an update just because Android has it, or everyone wants it.

Apple has all eyes on them, because they aren't all about instant gratification. They've made it a point that it's their way, and not the customer's way.

Function/simplicity is the design.

So to put a spin on things, I'm glad they are sticking with a similar design, and not making drastic changes. You can spot an iPhone miles away, and everyone knows what it is.

Classic.

23. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Wasn't there a lot of complaining (here, at least) about the design when the iPhone 4 was left in a bar and was leaked to the world?

24. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I've said several times that I wish they would stuff all the guts of the 4S into the shell of the original iPhone.

25. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Your argument is opinion.