iPhone 5 picture oraganization off the phone...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TimeSquareDesi, Jun 25, 2013.

1. TimeSquareDesi macrumors regular

TimeSquareDesi

Hi all,

I have an iphone 5 and i have created folders for the various trips i've taken with their respective pictures in each folder. when i copy these files off of my phone, none of the folder structure is there on the file system - it's all just in randomly named folders.

Question 1- is there a way to retain iphone 5 photo folder structure off of the phone?

Question 2- how are you organizing your iphone 5 pictures and videos?

Cheers,
    - Will

2. Baggio macrumors 6502

Only way to do it is to copy the pictures over to your computer and create the folders on your computer. Then sync the photo folders through iTunes. If you don't delete the originals from the phone, you will have 2 copies of each picture.

3. TimeSquareDesi thread starter macrumors regular

TimeSquareDesi

Ah, I get what you mean. Thank you for the suggestion. I am really shocked though if Apple doesn't have something for organizing photos while maintaining the structure on the phone on the file system as well...

Anyone else have any suggestions? What are you using to organize your pics?

I really need some ideas because I have a $500 sony camera that I literally leave at home now on my travels and use my iphone 5 for my pictures and video - primarily pictures though. I am sure others are on the same boat.