iPhone 5 power button fails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RealEyes, Dec 16, 2012.

1. RealEyes macrumors regular

So, I've had the iPhone 5 since launch day, bought it from Radio Shack and the power button only works when I press it in just the right spot. Is this grounds for a replacement? Will I have to pay to get it repaired? Do I need to take it to Radio Shack or schedule a genius bar appt?

2. kingdLo macrumors 6502

3. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

That's definitely grounds for free replacement. :) My note 2's power button broke too :( Gotta get it taken care of lol

4. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

How does that work? Do you take it to the carrier or send it Samsung?

5. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

Call carrier and they send you a replacement...

6. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Usually carriers take care of that for you. T-mobile usually sends you a replacement and you send the broken phone back in the box, and provided the claim isn't from a drop or being dunked in water, you're good to go (although sometimes they charge for the swap. Not cool.)

I'm going to see if they can swap for another new phone, which will likely be the case as the note 2 just came out a few weeks ago, and it's still within the 30 day return period anyway. Still a bummer when everything else works so well about it!

7. jsmakr macrumors member

On my 3rd ip5 replacement. First time power button was acting up. Second replacement proximity sensor was not working on calls.

8. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

lol it's worse when you buy something and think it's normal until you use someone else's a few months later.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Make an appointment and it'll get replaced for free.

10. Psycho Mantis macrumors member

Setup a Genius Bar appointment with the Apple Store app, they will replace it.