iPhone 5 Power button half broken?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nyy8, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Hi everyone!

This new issue has come up in the last day where I can hear my iPhone 5 power button making the "click"... But it seems that only half the time will the phone turn on or off. It seems if I hold the phone in an up right position and push down it will work. But if its like lying on a table and I push it the power button I can hear a click... But the screen says off.

I'm probably going to get this looked at since the apple store is not even 15 mins away from my house. If I do get this looked at.. And ended up exchanging do they give me a new one or refurbed? I've had this iPhone from launch day and cradled It like a baby. Case from day one, not even a nick on it.

Thanks guys.

2. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Had the same issue (or similar). Took it into the Apple store in Covent Garden and was replaced instantly.

Not sure whether it was new or refurbed but it was "new" in the sense it had zero flaws.

3. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Thanks! Im probably going to do this. After playing around with this... I find if I press it on the right side it doesn't turn off. But if I press it on the left side it does... Odd little phone I have.