iPhone 5 power button sunk in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fission, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Fission macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    What is the normal distance that the power button is expected to extend? My power button seems to be barely sticking out now. It's functional but hard to use with any case on. It's nearly flush with the phone. Is this normal or a warranty issue? Phone is under warranty, but I'll have to let sprint look at it since my sprint store is an authorized service provider for Apple. This store is notorious for telling you that everything is fine and normal...Just wanted to see how many out there have power buttons that are nearly flush.

It's also loose...I just don't want sprint trying to fix it and breaking something else. Nor do I want them to swap it out only to have Apple decide later that it's fine, and me get charged for the cost of the phone.

2. Fission thread starter macrumors regular

744 views and no one here has an iphone 5?!?!

Forget it.

EDIT: let's make that ANY iPhone or I device with a power button...

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iPhone 5 power button sunk in?

Picture? I have an iPhone 5. Also don't bump. Mods see that you get warned. I have before.

4. Vctr macrumors regular

What kind of answer are you expecting with your first question? 1 MM?

5. Fission thread starter macrumors regular

Does I seam to sink in as you press or is it nice and clicky? Mine is nearly flush by the time the phone registers a click...Normal?

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

Would it be possible to post a picture so we can see exactly what you're talking about?:)

7. Fission thread starter macrumors regular

It isn't obvious from the pictures, it sinks in when pressed.

I'll wait till it fails...Sprint store would likely force me to anyways.

8. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Example 1

The actual button underneath is a sort of metal dome,if you hammered a metal bowl turned upside down it would flatten a little more with every blow therefore lowering the height of the bowl.

Example 2

There are 2 screws-one on each side of the power button and I have personally seen them strip but 90% of the time only one side strips a little and causes just one side to sink.