iPhone 5 Power/Lock Clicky?

kellte2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Anyone experience a less than clicky power button on the new iPhone? If I press it directly, it seems to click just fine. However, if I press it on the right edge, it doesn't make a very audible click, though it still functions.

articulatefool

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
Anyone experience a less than clicky power button on the new iPhone? If I press it directly, it seems to click just fine. However, if I press it on the right edge, it doesn't make a very audible click, though it still functions.
Mine is extremely clicky no matter how I push it.

Joobies

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I have the exact same issue/problem or whatever you want to call it. The button seems to work fine but it bothers me a bit. I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem later on

kellte2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I have the exact same issue/problem or whatever you want to call it. The button seems to work fine but it bothers me a bit. I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem later on
I plan on waiting for this initial craziness to die down and for some more shipments to come in. Then, I fully intend on exchanging. Shouldn't have to deal with an annoyance like that on a two year contract product.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
You mean they still haven't fixed the buttons? The home button and power button are the most common parts to fail on the iPhone... why the hell can't Apple get a freaking BUTTON right?

kellte2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
The display models at the store were much sturdier feeling, which ticked me off. But I'm waiting to hopefully avoid the exchange blues.

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I wouldn't know I threw a speck grip on it at AT&T and it covers the button i always feel it puts more wear and Tare on the power button but i really hope it doesn't (speck cases)

Joobies

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
The display models at the store were much sturdier feeling, which ticked me off. But I'm waiting to hopefully avoid the exchange blues.
I totally agree with you, everything on my phone is fine, it's just an annoyance, and I'm afraid that power button might get stuck

kellte2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I totally agree with you, everything on my phone is fine, it's just an annoyance, and I'm afraid that power button might get stuck
Nah, I'd definitely exchange. Just wait until this first batch runs its course.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Mine feels deep and not soft like my ip4
It's like the depression is more n makes that deep click sound like a button
Anyone think its normal?