iPhone 5 Power/Lock Clicky?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kellte2, Sep 24, 2012.

1. kellte2 macrumors regular

Anyone experience a less than clicky power button on the new iPhone? If I press it directly, it seems to click just fine. However, if I press it on the right edge, it doesn't make a very audible click, though it still functions.

2. articulatefool macrumors regular

Mine is extremely clicky no matter how I push it.

3. Joobies macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue/problem or whatever you want to call it. The button seems to work fine but it bothers me a bit. I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem later on

4. kellte2 thread starter macrumors regular

I plan on waiting for this initial craziness to die down and for some more shipments to come in. Then, I fully intend on exchanging. Shouldn't have to deal with an annoyance like that on a two year contract product.

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

You mean they still haven't fixed the buttons? The home button and power button are the most common parts to fail on the iPhone... why the hell can't Apple get a freaking BUTTON right?

6. kellte2 thread starter macrumors regular

The display models at the store were much sturdier feeling, which ticked me off. But I'm waiting to hopefully avoid the exchange blues.

7. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

I wouldn't know I threw a speck grip on it at AT&T and it covers the button i always feel it puts more wear and Tare on the power button but i really hope it doesn't (speck cases)

8. Joobies macrumors newbie

I totally agree with you, everything on my phone is fine, it's just an annoyance, and I'm afraid that power button might get stuck

9. kellte2 thread starter macrumors regular

Nah, I'd definitely exchange. Just wait until this first batch runs its course.

10. Joobies macrumors newbie

11. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

I'd definitely swap it, mine is so clicky it won't even hang out with the iphone 4's.

12. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

Mine feels deep and not soft like my ip4
    It's like the depression is more n makes that deep click sound like a button
    Anyone think its normal?