iPhone 5 praise thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DriveByPoster, Oct 18, 2012.

1. DriveByPoster macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone!

There are quite a few negative iPhone 5 threads, so I thought maybe I could post a positive one for people who may stumble upon this forum while researching the iPhone5.

So, first of all, I actually obtained my iPhone 5 by luck. I have had a 3GS forever, and had been waiting to upgrade. I was going to pick my girls up from my Ex, but I had a little bit of time to kill. So I walked into target to browse the electronics. As soon as I passed the camera counter, an employee asked if I needed any help. I said "No, just looking". He then asked if i needed the new iPhone. "Crap", I thought to myself, because I wasn't planning on spending any money on an iPhone for a bit still.

So, I let him talk me into a 16GB Black iPhone 5 right then and there.

It was perfect out of the box. Coming from a 3GS, the screen looks absolutely amazing. Everything is working great. I haven't even had an issue with Apple Maps so far lol.

This thing is fast. Even WiFi is faster than my 3GS for some reason. And my battery is lasting forever. I've browsed as I normally do and I'm not getting any increase in data usage as others have reported.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys their phone as much as I am so far!!

2. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I've loved my iPhone 5. It's fast and clear and Maps has gotten me where I need to go every time without issue. No scuffs or dings. No purple hue in pictures. It's great.

3. SR45, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012

SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

OP, have you checked the Search function ? There are a few of these threads already made for those that love their iphone 5's, and just a week or so ago the most recent. ;)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1459827&highlight=best+iphone+5
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1467475&highlight=no+issues+with+iphone+5

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1460292&highlight=iphone+5+is+the+best

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Besides the clear cosmetic differences on my black/slate 16GB (screen size, slate back panel, black sides, longer) the first thing I REALLY liked was the lighter feel without sacrificing the "built like a brick ****-house" feel. The next thing that jumped out to me was the pure speed increase and I was coming from a 4S! :eek:
    Apps open instantly, web browsing is faster, wifi on my 5GHz network is faster and the LTE speed (AT&T) in my area is even faster than my home wifi.
    I'll sum it up in just 4 words:
    THIS iPHONE IS FAST
    :D