iPhone 5 pre-order General information

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pHeNom, Sep 12, 2012.

1. pHeNom, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

pHeNom macrumors regular

Well hopefully we can get all the info in one thread.

8:00 AM is for the actually lining up at the apple store, no info yet on pre order.

[​IMG]

2. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Last year is was about 12:45 pacific.

I'm sure all this info will be up on Apple's website as soon as the keynote is over.

Patience.

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

also we don't know yet if the non contract prices will still be the same as the 4S

6. pHeNom thread starter macrumors regular

haha the worst quality of most apple fans ;) same here.

7. Kelly682 macrumors regular

Ha! I came on here looking for the same info. I hope its not at 6am EST....

Patience is definitely not one of my virtues. :p

8. Tedsallis macrumors newbie

Tedsallis

Upgrade question ATT or Apple?

Never upgraded before so pardon my ignorance. I'm on AT&T and have been since iPhone 4 launch. I'm qualified for upgrade. Do I have to do that on the AT&T site on friday or can I do it through Apple? I have more faith in Apple's ability to keep their site up and running as well as their ability to deliver on the 21st than I do AT&T. Their iPhone 4 launch was a total clusterfrak in store and online and doubt they got any smarter in the last 2 years.........
    So basically can I do upgrade through the Apple site for the iPhone 5?:confused:

9. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

LOL, are you seriously that concerned about getting this phone the second it goes on sale? Wow!:eek:

10. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

What's apple mean by ships the 21st? If we pre order early friday morning will we get it the 21st?

11. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

yeah

12. leenak macrumors 68020

So I'm still considering if I want to foray into the smart phone territory. I am leaning towards the side of yes and looking at Verizon.

Would it be better to order directly from Verizon or Apple?

Although I am also loving the new nanos.

13. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Crap I made a double post. Didn't see this one. I'm anxious to find out the time.

Does anyone know if I would have any issues with ordering 2 phones for preorder? I'm getting one for me and my wife. Do they put a limit on 1 per order at the start?

14. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I am looking to buy the phone at FULL RETAIL.
    I need the Verizon model.

Can this be done via pre-order? Or is it for upgrades only?

15. novatwin macrumors newbie

We have been conditioned in the past to be way too overly obsessive about early ordering due to prior product shortages..

Based on the Ipad3 Launch and the current stock price

I don't think this is going to be an issue anymore..

16. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

That's what I am wanting to know also and there is very little info out at this time

17. ematsui macrumors member

all i want to know is if i pre-order friday day sometime EST (12pm) ill be able to get it on release day?

18. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

Yes it can all be done thru apple's site when you preorder. You'll get your phone shipped the morning of release date with the sim in and ready to be activated.

19. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Was told yesterday on here we could, as long as your not getting it unlocked.

20. pHeNom thread starter macrumors regular

Yes you can upgrade through apple.com and you can pick your data plans there too if you want to upgrade.

----------

yes.. because if it is anything like other new apple product release if you dont get your order in within the first 30 mins - 1 hour you can expect not to get your item either within 1-2 weeks or 3-4.

21. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Does anyone knwo if you can preorder 2 iphones at the same time? I'm getting one for me and my wife on a shared plan and we're switching from ATT to Verizon. Do they limit the purchases to 1 per person when it's a preorder?

22. pHeNom thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Sometimes a day or two earlier, but doubt that happens often anymore because apple sends letters to fedex/ups/to hold items until friday. Unless your local fedex/ups delivery station decides ***** it well give it anyway.. then you get it sooner lol

----------

if youre lucky enough to get through the "traffic" that will surely come friday. Thats why I was asking around for the exact time. haha

23. kelleybp macrumors member

Is this still the case? I've never pre-ordered an iPhone but I pre-ordered the new iPad almost 24 hours after pre-orders started and it arrived on launch day no problem.

24. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

They may post the time on the site later today. iphone is up but when you click it goes to the 4S

25. pHeNom thread starter macrumors regular

dang you're lucky then. I dont want to tell you youll still be able to order it after 24 hours but just think about the demand and the rumors on how they're cutting back on release date number of units. I would assume the worst and just get it from hour 1.

When they released the retina macbook pro I ordered 3 hours after they started taking pre orders. I ended up in the 2-3 weeks wait for my MBP to arrive. Might not be the case for all apple products but its best to play it safe.

----------

I would do that and ive been refreshing apple store every 5 minutes but nothing yet. Have to log off in 15 minutes to get to work. hopefully somebody can post the time later and I'll edit once i get home. ;)