iPhone 5 pre order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by streetfoldsfive, Sep 10, 2012.

1. streetfoldsfive macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

So being a high school student with a part time job I don't get paid till this Friday and cannot dip into my savings. Was wondering if anyone had a general idea what it would be like delivery wise is I order on Friday not Wednesday :/ thanks in advance.

2. taedouni macrumors 65816

Since you're a high school student, why don't you talk to your parents or legal guardians and see if they would be willing to help you out and cover the charge until you can get your paycheck on Friday. Honestly no one knows. The last iPhone sold out within hours and was on a 2-3 week back order.

3. Renator macrumors member

Who Are These People!!!

Who are these people?... Just friggin' wait!! Sheesh!

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I believe this phone, like the iPad 3 will have plenty of stock to go around to thwart the scalpers. I bet we'll see long lines of Chinese folks with stacks of i5's in the return line a week after release.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Of course they're "Chinese." Why wouldn't they be? *downvote*

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Actually if you ever see most of these scalpers at Apple stores, they are Asian without a doubt. And you can tell they're scalpers. They ask for an unlocked phone right away and don't interact with the employees whatsoever.

7. Omacc macrumors member

what do you men by "scalpers"

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you do not have the money, you do not need the latest greatest slickest coolest iphone.

And they wonder why this country is so far in debt. Yikes

As to your questions. Nobody here knows exactly when you can order. After all, nobody knows 100% if there will even be a new iphone. (pretty good guess that there will be)

Nobody here knows exactly what the availability will be. Nobody here knows what the demand will be. Nobody here knows what the delivery schedule will be like.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ahh, ok. Way to perpetuate the stereotype! We've now gone from, "All scalpers are Chinese," to "All Asians are Chinese." excellent.

And my friends from the South get a bad rap...sheeeze....

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Since when did I say all Asians are Chinese? Way to put words in my mouth.

Are you offended by my comment that's relatively true?

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-03-16/tech/30040970_1_ipad-supply-and-demand-scalpers

11. Hazyb71 macrumors member

Captain Ethnicity is here to save the day! Captain Ethnicity won't recognize cold hard facts in front of him for the sake of political correctness! Save us captain!

Seriously, give us a break. We're not making absolute statements, but the stereotype is there for a reason. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

12. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Asians have already ruled the world. China is the most powerful country as the money is all going to China. They are pretty good at Math and has lot of hackers too.

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Being ignorant is one thing; being willfully ignorant is another altogether. I'm not going to waste any more of my time with the latter, here, so feel free to say whatever you want concerning whomever (myself included) you want because I won't be checking back in.

14. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Because every picture of people lined up with 10 ipads to return when iP3 came out were reported as being chinese. Don't shoot me because I simply relayed a part of a story that was released here on MR and on the interwebs. Deal with it.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

it may be stereotyping, but you cannot just blindly ignore the facts.

16. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Getting back on topic................. OP if you miss the pre-order you will most likely have to resort to standing on line in one of the stores.... Last year from what I heard it wasn't too bad. Alot of people showed up the morning of and were able to get a phone fairly quickly, both at wireless provider stores and Apple stores.

17. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I want to say everyone who lined up outside of apple stores pretty much got a phone....you just may have to wait a really long time. I would suggest like 10pm on thursday night if you want in and out at opening. Personally, I'd rather camp out and be in the first 50 then wait 8 hours in a line. Get there late and sleep.

18. Hazyb71 macrumors member

The irony in your post.. Sigh.

Just because we're in touch with reality (however offensive that may be to you) doesn't mean we're bad people. If you're so thin skinned as to turn a blind eye to what we ***observe*** due to some discomfort it causes you, go ahead. No one is generalizing and saying all of whichever group is like that, but merely that certain demographics and cultures have a stronger decency to do certain things. Your political correctness is amounting to willfull ignorance and you don't even realize it.