iPhone 5 pre-ordering experience (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buzzlightyearr, Sep 12, 2012.

1. buzzlightyearr macrumors newbie

Anybody had any experience in pre-ordering iPhones through the UK Store website?

Does the website crash a lot?

Anybody been unsuccessful in getting an iPhone whilst trying to pre-order?

It says available to pre-order Friday the 14th, does that mean it will be available a one minute after midnight on the 14th?

Any recommendations to make sure i secure an iPhone?

2. jonney92 macrumors member

no one really knows the preorder time in the UK its starting to confuse me now so many different times flying about best bet is to contact apple and get them to confirm it.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it should be available in the early hours of 14th but loads people will be hitting the website up to pre-order so there is a high chance of not getting in there right away due to high traffic

4. djwoody249 macrumors newbie

I have pre ordered both the 4 and 4S off the Apple UK website. Can't remember the start time for the 4 but the 4S was round about 08:30 - 9:00am.
    It was supposed to be 8am but there were delays.

As the official time for US pre orders is 12:01am on the 14th I would think it's 8am again here.

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

This :eek:

6. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

and can you only order payg or sim-free?

This line seems to state you'll be able to order on contract:

"We offer tariffs from O2, Orange, T-Mobile, 3 and Vodafone. So we can check your upgrade eligibility, help you choose the right tariff and activate your iPhone — all in the store."

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I have always woken up the morning of the pre-order and secured an iphone. I have got everyone since 3GS from the website.

The site will be slow, you just have to keep trying and you will get through. It will not crash, it will just be slow

In all honesty, Apple have seemed to solved thier supply issues for launch, as in they produce way more they used to in the past. Take the new Ipad launch, a non even compared to others.

You will get your iphone, no issues! Only way it will fail if you credit-card etc fails. Make sure you have funds available in there.

8. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

As I'm currently working midnight til 8am shifts I hope they randomly open the store sometime between midnight and then.

Likely as not though it'll happen during my cycle home instead.

9. theking79 macrumors 6502

True I remember with the 4S it took many hours for the first batch to run out and the shipping status change from release day to a few weeks after.

10. _themilkman macrumors member

From experience - does anybody know if your bank card is charged straight away or when they dispatch?

11. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Have you guys who ordered online always got them delivered on the launch day so 21st?

12. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

they do a pre auth which requires the full amount, this will clear in a few days (not really taken it, sort of a check to see if you have the money) then they will take the money from you when its shipped.