iPhone 5 pre-orders...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zuckuss00, Sep 7, 2012.

1. zuckuss00 macrumors member

With the Apple iPhone 5 event a few days away, I'm looking to get rid of my current iPhone 4. However, I'm concerned with the pre-order process for the new iPhone. I remember with the iPhone 3G and 4 launch, quantities were very limited and it took a few weeks to get a iPhone anywhere. Apple had their in store wait-list system or you could order online and wait for shipping. I also remember the Apple store going down.

I'm sure demand for the iPhone 5 will be just as high as any launch before. Do you guys think we will be waiting weeks after orders to get our phones? Was the iPhone 4s launch any better?

Also, when do you guys think pre orders will start... next Wednesday or Friday?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Im sure apple look at this at each event and launch.

Truthfully no one really knows until it all starts and can only go on past experience !

Exciting times ahead.

3. khmaikiew macrumors member

If you pre-order that same day you would be fine. You will get it on launch day. Those who would be worried should be the ones who pre-order a few days after.

Pre-orders have been rumored for the Wednesday when the keynote is..so we'll see. We'll just have to wait about 5 more days.

4. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I believe it will depend on how fast you get one pre-ordered. If you try when pre-orders first go live, and successfully get through the mess, you may receive it on launch day.

As for the start or pre-orders, rumors say it will be the day of the announcement, but we'll just have to wait and see.

5. zhandri Suspended

i pre ordered my iphone like 3 or 4 days after pre-ordering started and still got it in the first week of release... i think release was friday and i got mine on thrusday or friday. that was in germany

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

In other words, the same as it's been for every new model of iPhone, yet we still have these same threads. The sooner you order, the sooner you get your phone, but no earlier than the first day of release. A very difficult concept to grasp.

7. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

Yay, another "iPhone 5 Pre orders" thread....